CHAIRMAN - Andrew Brode
Andrew entered the business publishing arena as Managing Director of Croner Publications which he built up and sold to Wolters Kluwer. He was subsequently appointed CEO of Wolters Kluwer (UK) plc and expanded this to UK sales of £80 million in the 1980s.
He acquired Eclipse Publications via an MBI in 1990 which became a leading subscription-based journal and conference organizer, being sold to Reed Elsevier in 2000. He was appointed as Non-Executive Chairman of Axco Insurance Information Services by 3i and sold it to Wilmington plc in 2010.
In June 2008 he negotiated the purchase of Epic Group plc, the UK market leader in e-learning from Huveaux plc. Epic listed on AIM in November 2013 as part of Learning Technologies Group plc and named Andrew as its Non-Executive Chairman. He occupied a similar role at Electric Word plc, also AIM listed, until its sale in August 2017. In late 2012 he became a Non-Executive Director and investor in IT Governance Ltd (now GRC International plc after its flotation in March 2018), the leading provider of information in the cyber security space.
In 2019 he was appointed as a non-executive director of Cera Care Ltd, a leading, tech-enabled domiciliary care provider.
Today, he is the Executive Chairman and major shareholder in RWS Holdings plc, which he acquired together with 3i in 1995 and floated on AIM in late 2003.
- Executive Chairman, RWS (1995 – Present)
- Chairman, Learning Technologies Group Plc (2013 – Present)
- Chairman, Electric Word Plc (2013 – Present)
- Chairman, Epic Performance Improvements Limited (2008 – Present)
- Chairman, Atom Content Marketing (1995 – Present)
- Non-Executive Director, IT Governance (2012 - Present)
- Non-Executive Director, Vitesse Media (2000 - 2016)
- Chairman, Reading Room (2005 - 2014)
- Non-Executive Chairman, Axco Insurance Information Services (1995 - 2010)
- Chairman, Eclipse Publications (1990-2000)
- Managing Director / CEO, Croner Publications (Wolters Kluwer UK) (1976-1990)
- BA Economics and Accounting, University of Manchester
English, French and German