NON-EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR - Lara Boro
Proven leader in commercial development: Lara joined The Economist Group as Chief Executive in September 2019 where she is focused on driving continued growth in both the core Economist business, as well as the business to business offerings of the Economist Intelligence Unit. Prior to that, Lara was CEO of Informa Plc's Intelligence division with full P&L responsibility for a £200m portfolio of business intelligence and data assets.
International expertise: Lara currently manages over 1000 colleagues based in Europe, the USA and APAC. During her time at Ascential Plc she led international expansion into MENA, China, India and Brazil.
M&A leadership: Lara has experience of large scale acquisition and integration (Penton and UBM acquisitions at Informa). Prior to Informa, Lara held strategy, M&A and commercial development roles for CPA Global (IP services), Pearson (the FT), MasterCard (Mondex electronic cash) and Lloyd’s of London (Equitas project).
- RWS - Non-Executive Director (September 2017 – Present)
- CEO / Group Managing Director / Managing Director, Informa Business Intelligence (BI) (2014 – Present)
- Strategy Director / CEO MENA / CEO International, Emap/Ascential Plc (2007 – 2013)
- Head of Strategy / M&A and Commercial Development, CPA Global (2003-2007)
- Head of E-commerce / Head of Commercial Development, FT.com, Pearson (2000-2007)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), INSEAD
- BSc Economics and Business, UCLA
- Non-Executive Director’s Diploma, Financial Times
English, French, Arabic, Croatian and German