Account Manager – Life Sciences
Life Sciences | Nottingham | England | Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of Account Management, the Account Manager manages client relationships with targeted existing portfolio accounts and develops opportunities with new divisions in order to maximize client revenue growth and overall satisfaction. The Account Manager is an integral part of the sales team focusing on achieving enterprise client success through innovation and high-quality service delivery. Success is driven by strong communication, organizational skills, influence, and a keen ability to clearly understand client requirements, working closely with the Production.
The Account Manager proactively ensures high client retention and maximum revenue growth by working closely with project, account and solutions teams to coordinate and execute strategic initiatives, pricing strategies, and growth programs across interconnected accounts. This includes gaining a deep and solid understanding of clients’ organizational structures, business entities, procurement processes, management objectives, general processes and product focus, as well as recognizing changing needs and expectations.
- Proactively interacts with client contacts and key decision-makers at all levels throughout the RWS Life Sciences division and RWS Group as needed to closely monitor and assess overall service delivery, identify new business opportunities, and maximize RWS “wallet share” including bid preparation and follow-up, bid approval, and positioning to ensure overall client success.
- Partners with clients in “think-tank” scenarios and discussions to help develop custom and innovative solutions for new/developing challenges.
- Identifies, analyzes, and qualifies all growth opportunities and directly promotes RWS service offerings to existing and prospective divisions.
- Manages annual portfolio targets and achieves growth initiatives, based on upselling strategies.
- Work closely with Operations to manage gross margin target of portfolio accounts by meeting regularly with project teams to discuss issues, challenges, and opportunities, as well as to measure past business performance and provide accurate forecasted performance.
- Ensures the retention, growth, and ongoing satisfaction of assigned accounts by understanding, evaluating and addressing clients’ ongoing, changing, and unexpected needs.
- Participates in competitive bidding events (e.g., RFPs) to support sales activities and contributes to the preparation of responses.
- Works closely with Solutions team to prepare and present new services and solutions to clients within the scope of growth strategies.
- Plans, prepares and conducts quarterly business reviews with assigned key accounts and leads all client interactions, including on-site visits.
- Contributes input for service improvements and new solution designs by collaborating with Global Solutions, Marketing, and Sales teams.
- Maintains and monitors written service agreements for assigned accounts, as well as pricing information within production platforms.
- Understands client needs and demonstrates client-facing software solutions to target clients and prospects.
- Ensures timely payment of assigned client account invoices through regular review, analysis, follow up, and escalation as needed.
- Develops, implements, reviews and updates Account Plans and drives them towards annual growth objectives in collaboration with the assigned operations team.
- Reviews, analyzes and manages the implementation of new Master Service Agreements (MSA), renewals, and all amendments.
- A baseline of monthly/quarterly/annual revenue per assigned account, manifested as a portfolio target, will be established and each Account Manager will be measured on his/her ability to maintain and grow each account over the established baseline.
- Monthly (minimum) reviews and account planning will be completed with consistent measurement to achieve targeted gross margin per portfolio account.
- Responsible for maintaining baseline client satisfaction scores, and driving Net Promoter Score improvements.
Authority Granted to this Position
- Decisions to create and execute agreed upon initiatives.
- No check signing authority.
- No authority to sign legal documents or financial commitments for company.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
- Approximately 10% on the road/overnight travel per year for client visits.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with and lead employees through changes.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through problems on job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required including strong presentation skills.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/AURORA/other production software).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve issues encountered in course of work in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented.
- Ability to determine root cause analysis.
Physical and mental demands, work hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Language, or other related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the localization and translation industry with solid knowledge of translation and publishing processes.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing enterprise-level client accounts and relationships.
- Demonstrated successful experience in development and implementation of complex enterprise account strategies strongly preferred.
- Experience in training, mentoring, and coaching team members preferred.
- Understanding of translation management tools (CAT tools).
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.