Associate LV Traffic Coordinator
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the direct supervision of the LV Services Manager, to provide traffic management services for the Linguistic Validation business unit, in addition to project initiation and administrative activities associated with the Project Planning and Project Management functions. Addresses complex issues with assistance, and utilizes problem-solving abilities to uncover problems within systems and to identify and suggest areas for improvements. May assist in coordinating workload.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100
- Monitors the LV sales and related email inbox(es) and maintains a detailed account of all incoming requests and their statuses.
- Utilize guidelines and criteria established by the Project Planning department manager, analyzes workloads of Project Planning team members and assigns tasks accordingly.
Tasks may include but are not limited to new quotations; research, overflow job placements; and/or reassignment of quotations or job placements when required.
- Reviews the impact of incoming requests upon the translation process and analyzes for appropriate course of action. Investigates and provides response in collaboration with the Project Planning department manager as needed.
- Communicates with clients to acknowledge receipt of various requests (including requests for quotation, job approvals, basic questions, and other communication as needed). Where possible, obtains missing specifications for each quote and job to facilitate efficient processing by the Project Planning team.
- Analyzes client requests to determine if limited resource languages require action, and contacts Vendor Relations to initiate such action.
- Enters new companies and new clients into CRM with 100% accuracy and verifies all existing client contact information for accuracy.
- May create translation table files for use in new Linguistic Validation projects.
- Proofreads English template and/or table files for new Linguistic Validation projects.
- Enters customer feedback into the customer feedback system in CRM.
- Tracks all emails in CRM to the correct quote, order, or job.
- Ensures accurate reporting of and compliance with all relevant Project Planning and Project Management data elements needed for monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Master Services Agreements (MSAs) and/or Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Facilitates and adheres to applicable ISO requirements, client level SLAs/MSAs and department and company-wide KPIs.
- Identifies and suggests areas for improvement.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- Transfer project files within company electronic filing system to move them and facilitate processing.
- Sets up project file folders in a timely manner.
- Enforces company policies and procedures with linguists when necessary.
- Conducts special projects as assigned.
- May create Quotations and Orders in CRM.
- May create project folders in T:, including generation of files for translators
- May update Instruments Chart used by the Project Planning team.
- May assign and set up Proofreading activities with linguists.
- May analyze workloads of Project Management team and assign PMs to projects as appropriate utilizing guidelines and criteria established by the Project Manager Department manager(s).
- May set up Linguistic Validation projects in CAT tools.
- May research prior translation projects, questionnaires, etc. to determine whether incoming project is the same or similar, avoid duplication.
- May prepare basic level LV quotations and process basic level LV jobs in accordance with client specifications through word counts, estimating necessary formatting and translator time, etc., and set up on spreadsheet according to standard procedures.
- May place standard and rush client projects with appropriate qualified translators and debriefers (i.e., assign) based upon availability, language, expertise, deadlines and other relevant considerations to ensure work is completed and returned in a timely manner to permit due dates to be met.
- May ensure that translators have proper instructions regarding what and how a project must be completed (e.g., translations, cognitive debriefing, edits, proofreading).
- May demonstrate knowledge of the capabilities of the freelance vendor base. May use this knowledge to place projects with vendors who are capable of producing high quality work delivered on time.
- May demonstrate ability to effectively convey instructions to freelance translation staff, as well as ability to handle unpredictable situations with assistance.
- May coordinate the assigning and completion of client projects among pool of translators and debriefers for specific languages.
- May negotiate prices and turnaround time and issues purchase orders to translators and debriefers.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Project Planning and Project Management departments, or other company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, and copy machine, fax machine, telephone/headset.
Twelve months per year; 40 hours per week regular work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs; and a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary. Work schedule may include evening and/or weekend hours, and may occasionally work holiday(s) or alternate schedule based upon client and department coverage needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with clients and resolve customer issues or complaints.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, with attention to detail, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, Acrobat, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and creatively problem solve job and production related issues.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
- A minimum of one year of successful basic customer service and/or administrative experience.
- Foreign language experience a plus.
Hours: M-F, 4am-12pm
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to Michele.firstname.lastname@example.org
U.S. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
U.K. Status: Per Contract