Associate Program Manager
Life Sciences | Nottingham | England | Full-Time
Under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Life Science Operations, a Program Director, or a Program Manager, the Associate Program Manager assists in the implementation of account-specific programs (workflows, technology, project management, vendors) to achieve set targets for profitability, client satisfaction, on time delivery, and quality.
The Associate Program Manager supports the building and management of the Project Management team(s) and serves as a main point of escalation for account-related issues. The Associate Program Manager, with the direction and oversight from supervision, oversees the execution of each account-specific program, monitors performance against targets, and ensures appropriate real-time interventions required to achieve targets. This position actively partners with Sales, Technical Services, Vendor Management, and Quality Management to achieve revenue and profitability targets.
The Associate Program Manager has team management responsibilities and direct reports. The position completes individual performance reviews and sets goals for the team.
- Ensures that correct processes, methodologies, and risk assessment is used on all projects. With direction and oversight from supervision, builds, mentors, and manages the Project Management team to ensure each account is appropriately staffed based on volume and complexity.
- Using revenue forecasting and sales pipeline data, assists in defining and executes Project Management staffing and cross training plans such that trained resources are available as needed and capacity is efficiently utilized.
- Monitors process performance against profitability, on time delivery, and quality targets. Proactively identifies risks to ensure attainment of targets and engages cross functionally to mitigate risks.
- Owns the operational component of the client relationship with support from supervision, ensuring that client requirements are captured and upheld. Participates in client meetings, status updates, and Quarterly and other Business Reviews.
- Actively manages any reported deficiency in RWS Life Sciences deliverables, ensuring appropriate internal escalation and engagement of Sales, Department Management, and Quality Management. Ensures timely and professional completion of root cause investigations and CAPA reports
- Monitoring, mentoring and motivation of Project Management team members, including ensuring appropriate training and development, and succession planning.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports and manage required follow-up.
- Models and promotes the RWS Life Sciences Core Values, correcting deviations as they occur.
- Ensures key stake holders are informed as appropriate regarding critical account activities, potential threats and opportunities and recommends appropriate actions
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, while meeting goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, client requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Ability to effectively complete root cause analysis.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/Aurora/other production software).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financial information as well as other sensitive information.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Possess teamwork and consensus-building skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Familiarity with and understanding of inter-departmental functions in order to most effectively manage projects and supervise staff.
- Ability to develop systems and processes from the ground up, communicate those systems outwardly, and win support from colleagues and supervisors as needed
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimum supervision.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college/university degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field. Masters or MBA a plus.
- More than three years demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects within the localization or translation industry.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of three years, including at least four years’ experience within the translation industry.
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience, minimum of three years.
- Advanced computing skills, including experience with TRADOS and other translation management tools (CAT, or Computer Aided Translation tools) and publishing applications (e.g., Frame Maker, InDesign, etc.).
- PMP Certification a plus.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.