Associate Project Planner – Translation
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the supervision of the LV Project Planning Manager, to provide company customers/clients with accurate and timely cost estimates (quotes) and process jobs submitted for LV translation projects based upon customer needs and company/translator production capabilities, and to ensure that client project requests are placed with, processed by, and received back from translators in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner to enable on-time delivery to client.
Generally selects vendors from approved listing when placing job orders; limited judgment/discretion may apply. Work assignments may generally be less complex and increase in complexity over time. May resolve client/vendor issues with assistance as needed from supervisor.
• Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 standards.
• Communicates with company customers/clients to obtain specifications and other information to provide accurate and timely quotes, to ensure their needs are met and issues are resolved, to describe company products and services, and to maintain and expand customer base.
• Researches prior translation projects, questionnaires, etc. to determine whether incoming project is the same or similar, avoid duplication, and provide archive discount. Set up document comparison as needed.
• Prepares basic and intermediate level LV quotations and processes basic and intermediate level LV jobs in accordance with client specifications through word counts, estimating necessary formatting and translator time, etc., and sets up on spreadsheet according to standard procedures.
• Provides follow through consultation with clients on changes to projects, priorities, etc.
• Coordinates with colleagues in other departments as directed to ensure cost and time estimates are accurate and within company capabilities based upon available resources, and that orders are processed according to client requests.
• Composes or generates a variety of materials (e.g. order summaries) for the purpose of documenting activities, and providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of client requests.
• Maintains up-to-date information in charts, spreadsheets, logs, and company database(s) as needed to ensure ongoing logs needed for future reference and retrieval.
• Engages in ongoing training.
• Coordinates with the Finance Department to ensure proper processing of invoices and payments for projects.
• Places standard and rush client projects with appropriate qualified translators and debriefers (i.e., assign) based upon availability, language, expertise, deadlines and other relevant considerations to ensure work is completed and returned in a timely manner to permit due dates to be met.
• Ensures that translators have proper instructions regarding what and how project must be completed (e.g., translations, cognitive debriefing, edits, proofreading).
• Demonstrates knowledge of the capabilities of the freelance vendor base. Uses this knowledge to place projects with vendors who are capable of producing high quality work delivered on time.
• Demonstrates ability to effectively convey instructions to freelance translation staff, as well as ability to handle unpredictable situations with assistance.
• Coordinates the assigning and completion of client projects among pool of translators and debriefers for specific languages.
• Negotiates prices and turnaround time and issues purchase orders to translators and debriefers.
• Transfer project files within company electronic filing system to move them and facilitate processing.
• Sets up project file folders (specification sheet, purchase order, etc.), and make available to Desktop Publishing in a timely manner.
• With assistance, enforces company policies and procedures with linguists when necessary.
• With assistance, conducts special projects as assigned.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the LV Project Planning Department or other company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/headset.
Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary. Hours of work may include nights and weekends as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of all company LV project management, desktop publishing, and project planning procedures.
• Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.
• Organizational, prioritizing and time management skills.
• Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
• Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating a clear understanding of project requirements and linguistic validation procedures.
• Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype).
• Ability to prioritize and problem-solve job-related issues.
• Ability to work as part of a team and with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
• Customer service skills including ability to communicate clearly with clients.
• Ability to quote and process projects.
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form with attention to detail.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Sales, Marketing, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
• Sales/customer service experience preferred.
• Familiarity with foreign language or translation experience preferred.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
U.K. Status: Per Contract