CRM Development Lead
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Reporting to the Director of Business Technology or VP Technology, the CRM Development Lead is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and extending our existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM production platform including managing the development process and project methodology, and overseeing the CRM application design, documentation and Spring management. The position analyzes, documents, designs and delivers high quality technical solutions including development of new solutions and maintenance work on the production CRM platform. The CRM Development Lead provides timely troubleshooting and resolution of issues as they arise on the production platform and actively participates in detailed analysis meetings to design enhancements or solve existing CRM issues. The role is influential in the design of technical approaches to deliver future capabilities and assist in providing IT support to end users as needed.
The CRM Development Lead sets and monitors the work of the CRM Development Team against goals and release schedules. They assist in the evaluation of team members in a timely and professional manner for the purpose of ensuring their department and individual performance objectives are met.
Development Process and Project Methodology
- Provide input into Project Methodology and structure (e.g. Agile and Scrum)
- Define and control method of source code control
- Define the build process
- Develop methods of continuous integration, automated testing and other development processes and tools to streamline the development process.
CRM Application Design, Documentation, and Sprint Management
- Ensure that documented User Requirements, Functional Specifications and corresponding documentation is completed and signed off before development commences.
- Reviews Functional Specifications for feasibility and work with Project Sponsors and Contributors to ensure that Specifications are complete, accurate, realistic, agreed and aligned with the overall goals of the CRM application and RWS Life Sciences.
- Transforms Functional Specifications into ticketed tasks for CRM Development team and organized SCRUM boards with the assistance of Development Project Manager
- Leads team in providing estimates for all tickets to ensure that release schedule is accurate and met
- Monitors progress against board and ensures that release goals are met
- Monitors and controls development sprints and ensures completeness of release
- Coordinates with Software Project Manager to control release and release version.
- Prepares release notes and release notifications to users and sponsors
- Performs retrospectives to identify future process and application improvements
- Maintains version control and version integrity of the application
- Design, monitor, maintain and enhance the Microsoft Dynamics CRM application.
- Evaluate, recommend and develop high quality technical solutions for the CRM user base.
- Clearly document problems, analyses and solutions. Communicate the status of issues to users and management.
- Work with end users and the development team to define, develop and test solutions to resolve issues and requests. Participate in the analysis to design enhancements or solve existing CRM issues
- Assist in the design of technical approaches to deliver future capabilities.
- Complete maintenance work on the production CRM platform.
- Troubleshoot and resolve CRM issues on the production platform in a timely manner.
- Provide end user support primarily as related to CRM.
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
- Serves as lead to department employees, and mentor and trainer for the CRM Development Team.
- Assist in scheduling and assigning work within the CRM Development Team, setting work methods and performance standards, and monitoring the performance of employees in various processes.
- Assists in evaluation of department members in a timely and professional manner for the purpose of ensuring their department and individual performance objectives are met.
- Develop training programs, materials and special projects for the purpose of building capacity among department employees, monitor effectiveness of training and modify accordingly.
- Suggest and initiate programs to improve employee satisfaction, teamwork and improve processes within the department.
- Provide technical leadership to the team, steer the team in best practices for software development.
- Coach and mentor the team and ensure their technical development and learning.
- Ensure awareness of software development and technology trends and promote best practices for team.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Company systems or other company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Use standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of currently supported Microsoft Dynamics CRM versions, including on premise and online deployments (functional and technical).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Office 365 applications.
- General knowledge of PC and MAC hardware and software.
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in systems procedures, software, and other processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through problems on job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
- Required to work extended periods of time at a computer.
- May be required to move or relocate computer equipment; incumbent must be able to lift 30+ pounds and have excellent manual dexterity.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- Three or more years demonstrated successful experience with the development or administration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to 365 entity model, security model, development process and web services
- Successful experience developing SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Reports.
- Demonstrated experience in .NET development (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server).
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in successful completion of complex, multi-phase projects.
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience.
- SharePoint development experience, a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Exempt
Non U.S. Status: Per Contract