Director of Product Strategy
Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
Creating a Product Strategy is an opportunity to shape the future of the entire company and our business itself. We are looking for a person with the vision and ability to transform that vision into a working strategy. You will be the connection between our clients, the market and our internal teams and seetting up our development plan for years to come. Are you up for the challenge?
What you would do:
- Being Responsible for establising the companies product vision aligned to corporate objectives and delivering that successfully through product development – ensuring we are building the right things.
- Collaborating with CTO, SMT and technology leadership to define the technology strategy and roadmap
- Working with stakeholders including customers to understand their drivers and market trends and help develop product strategy
- Supporting the Product Management team to facilitate collaboration and communication with internal/external stakeholders to define product roadmaps
- Collaborating with product management team on product strategy to identify synergies between the products and/or efficiencies in creating the products using the available resources
- Regularly meeting with internal and external stakeholders to understand business problems, validate product concepts, coordinate release schedules and evangelize product value. Provide regular updates to Product Management Guild
- Analyzing estimated business value of potential features providing cost savings or additional revenue in a lean canvas structure. Identify risks of not having requested feature/development
- Prioritize features/functionality and drive delivery through the Agile software development process (Agile – i.e. scrum, Kanban, depending on current needs)
- Providing regular updates to stakeholders on strategy, successes, learning and progress on product vision.
- Managing requirements dependencies with other teams, negotiating and reprioritizing as appropriate as well as the processes by which requirements are managed.
- Being accountable for the process by which the requirements from the business are captured by the development team(s)
- Working with Engineering Lead to ensure that the velocity of delivery is high, decommissioning projects/products where possible.
- Provideing keen attention to competitors and our customer needs now and in the future (both external and internal customer needs).
What you should have:
- Extensive product management and product/service building experience
- 5+ years professional experience in agile development (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), ideally as a product owner/manager
- Good understanding of IT development environment, including security concerns, GDPR, web applications, and Cloud
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Ability to uncover and understand the client needs
- Ability to recognize business problems and recommending/developing solutions
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Ability to present complex development topics to both executive and technical personnel
- Experience in localization industry, tools and processes strongly preferred
What we have for you:
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant offices in the center of Brno
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, 5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, occasional work from home, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan)
If this position sounds like the right next step for you, please send us your CV in English. Thank you!