Director of Translation Operations
Patent Translation & Filing | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
RWS is the world leader in translation and localization, intellectual property support solutions and life sciences language services.
Over the last 60 years, the company has built a reputation for quality, reliability and flexibility with its global team of translators, searchers and technical experts.
RWS’s specialist divisions combine the latest technology, proven processes and highly-skilled staff to deliver complex services at each stage of the product lifecycle to meet the diverse needs of a global, blue-chip client base spanning Europe, North America and Asia.
RWS’s services are delivered in accordance with ISO 9001, ISO 17100 and ISO 13485 and are trusted by world-leading companies across a range of sectors including medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, automotive, technology and telecommunications. With headquarters in the UK, RWS has 30 offices worldwide and is publicly listed on AIM, the London Stock Exchange regulated market.
Based at the company’s headquarters in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire and working under the general supervision of the Managing Director of the Patent Translation & Filing division, ensure the efficient, accurate and timely completion of client projects, developing procedures and internal controls as needed, in conformance with company policies and practices.
Supervise the translation, production and checking management staff in achieving the overall objectives of each department. Bring cohesion to these individually managed functions.
- Oversee the company’s overall production operations.
- Eliminate bottlenecks and manage work scheduling.
- Analyse workflows.
- Train, supervise and evaluate assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring their departmental and individual performance objectives are met.
- Ensure that all projects are completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date knowledge of all ongoing client projects for the purpose of coordinating resources.
- Ensure vendors are properly informed of the expectations and timelines for work completion and that vendor follow-up is completed.
- Understand and adhere to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements. Perform root cause analysis.
- Develop reporting procedures for timely and accurate reporting requirements at management meetings.
- Work with IT to develop policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of improving efficiency and providing direction for meeting the company’s objectives.
- Analyse department work levels and recommend changes in staffing levels/positions to meet business unit work needs.
- General troubleshooting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to supervise employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Operational management experience, ideally in the translation sector.
Benefits include 3% contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, annual season ticket loans, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme, and a free shuttle bus to/from Gerrards Cross train station.
Please apply with CV and covering letter, together with an indication of your current salary and expectations, to the Personnel Manager: email@example.com