DTP Specialist – Junior
Life Sciences | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
We adapt products and content for global leaders and rising stars into over 200 languages using processes and technologies that are fit for the digital age. The inseparable part of the localization process is the work of our DTP specialist who needs to adjust this content – whether it’s webpage or a simple leaflet.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO:
- Graphic preprocessing and postprocessing of various content and files before and after the translation / localization process (like technical manuals, brochures, leaflets, web content, presentations, etc.)
- Various DTP task on various documents and different kinds of static content following graphic manuals and instructions from the client
- Transcreation of the localized (translated content) Sometimes they are transcreating content – some locations might contain more information then original – so it’s up to them to creatively change it / adjust it
- Work with content generated via OCR (optical character recognition)
- Get occasional opportunity to improve your knowledge and skills with editing of multimedia content (e.g. videos, interactive materials)
- Participate on improvement projects and simplifications of the DTP work and process
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Very good knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Good knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint (from DTP perspective) is an advantage
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and / or Illustrator
- Knowledge of tools for creating e-learning materials (like Adobe Captivate, Storyline) is an advantage
- Good knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Previous working experience from a role of a DTP Specialist or from a similar role and any client-facing experience are a big plus
- Previous experience with a work in graphic design or DTP and / or previous working experience from a graphic design studio or an advertising company is also a plus
- Technical background, education or skills are welcomed as well as knowledge of translation or localization industry
- Team spirit, good communication skills, resilience and problem-solving mindset
- Desire to constantly learn and develop professionally
WHAT WE HAVE READY FOR YOU:
- An exciting company and really interesting projects and content —we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible – including your future manager
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally. Our company has an environment where you can approach people as well as our management directly and see the real impact of your work – your tasks will be demanding but we will make sure your voice and opinions are heard. We will need you and your activities to have a real impact
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant offices in the center of Brno
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, 5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, work from home, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan)