Editing Assistant – Production Department
IP Services | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
RWS is looking for an Editing Assistant to join a busy Production department based in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire.
Our Production team is responsible for overseeing the progress of all translation orders through the production process from the preparation of translations through to dispatch.
- Editing a wide variety of texts and images into a range of languages, which have numerous layout guidelines and client specific requirements to adhere to. Editing translations in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Trados, Worldserver
- Doing all you can to ensure that we meet all of our client deadlines and flagging up any potential issues as soon as possible.
- Being responsible once a week for dispatching completed translations to the clients electronically, i.e. email, encryption, portal upload
- Being responsible once a week for printing/formatting translations ready for proofreading (on this day you will work 9am-5:30pm). Opportunity for growth and development within the Production department
Skills and experience:
- English language skills
- Sharp eye for detail
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Microsoft Word skills are essential and DTP skills would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently within a large team while at the same time keeping up the line of communication with your supervisor, regarding any issues which may affect us meeting client deadlines
- Full training will be given on our in-house systems such as KestrelPro and Trados.
The salary for this position is £19,750 per annum.
The hours of work are 10:00 am to 6:30 pm, Monday to Friday (with one hour for lunch).
There are opportunities for paid overtime.
Benefits include 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 4% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station. In addition, we offer and encourage career progression within our Company.
To apply, please click here.