Editing Assistant – Production Department
RWS | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
We currently have a vacancy in our Chalfont St Peter office for a full-time Editing Assistant.
As an Editing Assistant, you will be a member of the Editing team, part of the large and busy Production department. Production is responsible for overseeing the progress of all translation orders through the production process from the preparation of translations through to dispatch.
Reporting to the Head of Production, you will correct typographical/linguistic errors as marked by the translation checkers, resolve format issues and ensure that the translations adhere to specific requirements and guidelines. You will then pass your work on to the Translation Assistant team (Finishers), where final quality checks are completed before the translation is dispatched to the client. Production constantly works towards daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and it is the responsibility of all Production staff to ensure we meet all of those deadlines.
- Editing a wide variety of texts and images into a range of languages, which have numerous layout guidelines and client specific requirements to adhere to. Editing translations in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Trados, Worldserver
- Doing all you can to ensure that we meet all of our client deadlines and flagging up any potential issues as soon as possible.
- Being responsible once a week for dispatching completed translations to the clients electronically, i.e. email, encryption, portal upload
- Being responsible once a week for printing/formatting translations ready for proofreading (on this day you will work 9:00 am – 5:30 pm). Opportunity for growth and development within the Production department
Skills and experience:
- English language skills
- Sharp eye for detail
- Good spelling
- Microsoft Word skills are essential and DTP skills would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently within a large team while at the same time keeping up the line of communication with your supervisor regarding any issues which may affect us meeting client deadlines
Full training will be given on our in-house systems such as KestrelPro and Trados.
The salary for this position is £19,500 per annum. There are opportunities for paid overtime. The hours of work are 10:00 am to 6:30 pm Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch.
Benefits include 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 4% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station. In addition, we offer and encourage career progression within our Company.
To apply, please click here.