Events Marketing Manager
RWS Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Position ID: 2860
We’re looking for an Events Marketing Manager to plan, organize and execute our attendance at worldwide events, from the US west coast all the way to Japan.This person should be someone passionate about conferences, trade shows and other events who loves to network, organize and enjoy seeing events unfold successfully thanks to their great planning.
This person has 2+ years of experience planning events (both company-driven events and participation in third-party events) with a knack for coordinating internal teams and maintaining external stakeholder contact. They also need a fanatical attention to detail.
This person will fully handle this critical channel to build and maintain strong, vibrant connections with those in our industry, including prospective clients, current clients, our supply chain and potential new colleagues.
They’ll be joining one of the strongest marketing teams in the language industry with dedicated team members handling content marketing, marketing operations, analytics, web design and development and creative design and writing. The role also closely liaises with our world-class business development team, who are deeply involved with our annual events program.
In addition to this, the team will rely on this person’s project management skills and discipline to lead other special projects that arise within the sales and marketing organization.
Sounds like you? Keep reading.
We’d be glad to welcome you to our modern, English-speaking offices in Brno. We have a proud Czech heritage, but nowadays, we’re an international team with clients and partners around the world. Alternatively, working remotely from the US or the UK is possible for the right candidate.
You must be:
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented – “Amateurs talk tactics. Professionals talk logistics.” Your success in this role depends on your ability to keep yourself and the rest of the team organized throughout a sometimes-hectic events schedule.
- A team player – acting as a bridge between the internal teams that require events support and the rest of the marketing team
- A networker – building the industry connections and contacts that RWS Moravia needs to be successful
- A strategic thinker – you’ll be asked to look at the bigger picture of how our events support the company’s strategy and our leadership in the market
- A self-starter – taking the initiative to own projects and try new things
Some of the skills you need:
- Project management – A lot of what you’ll be doing is setting up and optimizing our ability to rapidly organize our successful attendance at industry events. Experience in the basics of a well-respected project management framework is essential.
- Event planning – You should have some experience in most, if not all, aspects of event planning, including venue selection, exhibit design, swag procurement, speaker preparation/coaching, design of booth materials, videos, pamphlets and flyers, lead capture and follow-up, catering, etc.
- Technology – We’re a tech-savvy marketing team that leverages a lot of technology to perform. You’ll need to be familiar with all the basics (Microsoft Office, Windows, etc.) but also be open, willing and able to learn project management tools and many of the marketing technology platforms the team depends on.
- Financial planning and administration – As well as understanding how to budget, you’ll be responsible for administrating a sizable events and promotional items budget. The better you are with Excel, the easier this will be.
- Industry experience – If you have experience in the language services industry and localization in particular, that’s great.
- Knowledge of other sales and marketing technology – If you’ve used HubSpot and/or Salesforce, you’ll have a distinct advantage in this role.
- Events performance measurement experience – As with nearly every other marketing activity, our team’s ability to prove the impact of our events is becoming critical. If you have experience and ideas to bring to the table on metrics and measurement, this is a huge plus.
What we can offer you:
- A chance to travel for work—as the Events Marketing Manager, you’ll attend numerous events (mostly in Europe and the US) and visit some great locations
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals
- The chance to take ownership of our highly-visible events program and make a big impact
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible
- A close, enthusiastic working relationship with the Marketing Director and all other members of the team
- International, English-speaking environment and brand-new, modern offices in Brno (https://www.ctp.eu/vlnena)
- Interesting challenges, trainings and other internal opportunities to grow
- Fair compensation, bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package