Front End Developer
Life Sciences | Boston | United States | Full-Time
The Front End Developer serves as an integral part of the software development team and incorporates requirements and user stories into design specifications and solid code.
In this role, the Front End Developer works on bug fixing and improving application performances as well as writing mockups, implementing new interfaces and models, and maintaining current libraries.
The Front End Developer works closely with the Lead Front End Developer to define the look and feel of the application, as well as ensure consistency of user experience. He or she collaborates with backend and full stack developers to agree on a data model through JSON, transforming database data into a clean user friendly presentation.
- Completes functional objectives based on weekly SCRUM planning objectives
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Uses best practices and architectural rigor during the software design process, providing input on alternative strategies and solutions.
- Writes well-documented, extensible software code that is easy to maintain, and that adheres to generally accepted programming standards and OOP practices.
- Owns the overall quality of code including unit testing, functional testing and performance.
- Produces and maintains technical designs and documentation relevant to assigned software development tasks
- Resolves RWS Helpdesk issues and provide advice on time and cost on requests that may turn into larger projects. Work with Lead Software Engineer and Project Manager to develop functional specifications for these projects.
- Provides accurate turnaround estimates based on defined scope and meets project deadlines
- Thrives while working on a distributed team.
- Transforms graphical mockups of tools and applications and creates HTML and CSS to create functional interfaces.
- Is responsible for maintaining consistency of HTML and CSS across all applications and correct usage and application according to established style guidelines.
Testing and Validation
- Reviews and tests source code sign off on work before it is integrated into RWS systems and applications.
- Creates and implements test plans for developed applications.
- Implements validation plans for developed software applications.
- Works with end-users to test beta and final version of applications.
On-off Project Level Solutions
- Consults with RWS Life Sciences employees to propose and implement technical solutions to project specific issues.
Authority Granted to this Position
- Decisions to create and execute agreed upon initiatives.
- No check signing authority.
- No authority to sign legal documents or financial commitments for company.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment
- Fluent skills in written and verbal English required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills required
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
- Experience analyzing and defining requirements, and translating them into technical specifications and architecture.
- Experience in AngularJS is a plus.
- Experience in PHP and MySql is a plus
- Development Roadmap schedule on time delivery: >90% projects
- Internal Efficiency Projects: >50% of effort
- Development Budget: at or below budget
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
Location: Boston, MA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Equal Opportunity Employer
Date: November 8, 2017