Information Technology Manager
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the VP of Technology to oversee and administer the functions and operations of the Company’s Information Systems and technology activities, integrating technology into the business applications; providing recommendations regarding potential hardware and software upgrades; assessing the effectiveness of Company’s technology infrastructure, security and privacy; and maintaining the proper functioning of all computer systems.
The Information Technology Manager ensures correct processes, methodologies and risk assessment are available and used on all team assignments. The position actively manages any reported deficiency in deliverables, ensuring appropriate internal escalation and engagement of required teams, and ensures timely completion of root cause investigations and CAPA reports.
The Information Technology Manager provides general oversight of project activities and ensures objectives are met including budgetary and KPI requirements. The position regularly meets with teams to discuss open and emerging business issues as well as to make recommendations for improvements and lead on their implementation.
The Information Technology Manager has department management responsibilities and direct reports. The position completes individual performance reviews and sets goals for the team.
- Oversees the company’s Information Technology (IT) department functions and operations.
- Develops, documents, and implements IT Policy and best practice for organization with overall objectives of user efficiency, data integrity and security, and systems reliability.
Project Management and Communication
- Ensures that all IT projects are scoped, planned, and completed in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner.
- Reviews, analyzes and processes all questions from department employees regarding IT work-related issues or problems for the purpose of resolving issues and implementing corrective measures, as necessary to ensure proper workflow and client satisfaction.
- Develops reporting procedures for timely and accurate reporting.
- Composes or generates a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, training, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Identifies, develops and implements department procedures and revises as necessary to ensure internal and external quality controls are met.
- Plans for capacity and reliability of IT infrastructure and implements improvements based on risk management and growth planning.
- Actively prepares and participates in budget planning and road mapping of future projects and requirements
- Maintains and ensures the reliability of key operating data and databases.
Data integrity, security, and privacy
- Maintains employee, project and client records as needed, ensuring compliance with Data Privacy and Information Security.
- Reviews, manages and updates the storage, backup, retention, and deletion of client and company data.
- Ensures the security and integrity of all data stored.
- Plans and implements controls and procedures to meet data privacy requirements
- Oversees the helpdesk system ensuring timely assignment and completion of helpdesk tickets.
- Monitors helpdesk KPIs and ensures global coverage and user satisfaction.
- Ensures knowledge sharing and effort balance between helpdesk responders.
Software & Hardware Management
- Ensures accurate management of software licensing and user assignment to budget.
- Researches and proposes new applications and systems which meet user or team requirements or needs.
- Manages hardware purchasing and assignment to budget.
Information Technology Team Management
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date log of all ongoing projects for the purpose of coordinating work within the IT Department and ensuring department employees are handling the appropriate amount and complexity of project work, and providing work assignments among employees as necessary to meet the department’s objectives.
- Analyzes department work levels and recommends changes in staffing levels/positions to meet department work needs.
- Participates in the selection process for new employees.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates assigned personnel for the purpose of ensuring their department and individual performance objectives are met.
- Performs IT related tasks as needed for the purpose of contributing to the accurate and timely completion of projects within the department.
- Responds to internal and client questionnaires, RFPs, and RFIs requesting information on company IT policies and procedures.
- Represent company during client audits and provide overview of company systems and controls
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Business Technology Department or other company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year, standard manager schedule as needed to successfully meet management goals and objectives, manage department, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all company work flows and processes.
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, while meeting goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, client requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Ability to effectively complete root cause analysis.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/Aurora/other production software).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financial information as well as other sensitive information.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Possess teamwork and consensus-building skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Familiarity with and understanding of inter-departmental functions in order to most effectively manage projects and supervise staff.
- Ability to develop systems and processes from the ground up, communicate those systems outwardly, and win support from colleagues and supervisors as needed
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimum supervision.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or other related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated successful supervisory or leadership experience generally a minimum of three years.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering, planning, and management of major IT projects
- Successful IT systems maintenance and support experience, preferably a minimum of five years, including:
- Management of an IT team supporting over 250 users in a multi location environment.
- Management of company systems in an Azure / Microsoft 365 tenant environment
- One to three years’ experience with the administration of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- SharePoint administration experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCST) or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) preferred
- Successful experience working with current Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Successful experience working with current Microsoft Windows server applications.
The following experience is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in .NET development (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with infrastructure management in respect to data privacy and regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA
- Management of systems in an AWS environment
- Experience managing Linux systems
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.