Interpreting manager (full home office)
RWS Moravia | Remote | England | Full-Time
Our story? We started in 1990 as a company of two in Brno, Czech Republic and count now over 1500 “Moravians” across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Formerly known as Moravia IT, we have become RWS Moravia in 2019.
We adapt products and content for global leaders and rising stars into over 170 languages using processes and technologies that are fit for the digital age. Thanks to our robust know-how, solid processes, skills and knowledge of our people we can do all of this quickly, efficiently and in high quality.
What’s different here? We work with the top clients around the world and we are sure you use some of their products every day. Such clients are challenging – but their requirements push you to constantly learn new thing and develop yourself.
We are now looking for an Interpreting Manager to join the team to co-ordinate and project manage the language dimension of all stages of these projects and help to grow the business.
For this role, we can offer you full work-from-home with occasional visits to our office in Alnwick. You would be expected to travel to oversee the interpreting events several times a year, mainly within the UK with occasional travels abroad. As many of our clients are US-based, we would need you to work afternoon hours, 1-9pm GMT.
What you would do:
- Organize interpreting services for various events (like conferences or seminars) of our clients
- Coordinate with our clients, our interpreters and event organizers to ensure smooth preparations and execution of interpreting services during such events
- Use and keep up-to-date your knowledge of interpreting industry and professional experience to et-up, manage and develop interpreting services for specific projects and clients.
- Liaise with new and existing clients on a day-to-day basis and respond to enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support your team members to allow them to perform and complete their daily project tasks.
- Recruit and grow the supplier base (mainly interpreters) to meet new and existing demands.
- Make recommendations and proactively support process improvements.
- Work closely with interpreters and other suppliers to ensure excellent customer service for all projects.
What You Should Have:
- Previous experience as an Interpreting Project Manager or experience in a field related to translations and interpreting and / or event management
- In-depth understanding of organising events.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to organise and co-ordinate travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Several years’ experience in remote task and people management.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- A team player and a good communicator who can work with different personalities both in the team and in customer relations management.
- Innovative mindset, always keen to implement improvements.
- Ability to calculate pricing, quote accurately and prepare invoices in line with business objectives.
What We Have For You:
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally. Our company has an environment where you can approach people as well as our management directly and see the real impact of your work –your tasks will be demanding but we will make sure your voice and opinions are heard. We will need you and your activities to have a real impact
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded and friendly – and always ready to support you as much as possible, including your future manager
- Interesting challenges, training and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Opportunity of some travel to events to support clients and interpreters on-site, both in the UK and abroad
- Benefits include 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 4% contributory pension scheme, life assurance and private medical insurance