IT Administrator – junior
RWS Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Position ID: 2783
We are Moravia. We translate and localize products for the world’s leading companies so people around the globe can use them easily every day.
Visit www.rws.com to learn more about us.
Currently we need help with exploration of Linux capabilities and additional possibilities how to use it effectively and better in our infrastructure.
Our expectation is that what you do not know, you will get an opportunity to learn and practice.
This is why we are looking for you who are able to learn new thinks, do like to explore and gather information from several sources for your work including public internet, external workshops and public training sessions.
Your results will be used in our internal infrastructure within several worldwide locations. Your work will have serious impact.
What you would do:
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, administration and support of server back-end infrastructure based on Linux
- DevOps style of work and help to separated DevOps group in the company
- 2nd level support for all kind of issues related to Linux and Open source software in our company
- Keep in touch with modern technologies and looking for paths how to implement these technologies according to company current processes and internal requirements
- Proactive improving of services, process streamlining and cost optimization
What you should have:
- High school or University degree (preferably in IT) or a maximum of three semesters to the final exam
- At least know what Linux system is, as much experiences with some real project the better
- Expect that your results will be in Czech language and may be required to communicate in English (spoken/written)
- Ability to communicate with other members of the team and to pass on his/her knowledge
What we have for you:
- Exciting secrets: we work with some of the most innovating brands in the world and know their plans before the rest of the world does
- An international team where English is spoken every day
- Mature and friendly colleagues who will respect your ideas and work
- A booming industry: localization was the 4th fastest growing Industry in the USA in 2016
- Bright new, spacious offices in Brno city center
- Flexible working hours
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package
Our company technologies overview:
Corporate technologies are based on our infrastructure – VMWare, Cisco, well known Firewalls, corporate storages. Microsoft technologies – AD, MSSQL, IIS, Windows servers of any version.
Open Source software for specific purpose – Linux, Docker, HaProxy, Pacemaker, Ansible, Redis, Mysql, Postgresql, Grafana, Graylog, Bosun, ELK stack, Vault, Kubernetes and much more.
Interested? Apply or ask for more information – simply send us your e-mail and CV to