Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
We are looking for a new colleague who would help us not only to defend our environment from malware and hackers by managing our anti-virus and OS vulnerability protection systems but is also curious to learn something new and give us a hand with a large dynamically developing global network infrastructure. You would primarily configure, maintain and optimize our internal endpoint protection systems and take care of OS patch cycles, however, based on your skillset and willingness to learn, you can also participate in interesting network-related projects with various vendors and technologies and learn a lot of new stuff in this field from your colleagues (i.e. software-defined networks, virtualization, cloud environments, Terraform, firewalls, network security, and many others).
You would be the 8th member of the IT Network & Security team located in Brno, Czechia, and your results and conclusions will be used in our infrastructure not only here at the headquarters but also at our offices around the world (e.g. in Japan, China, UK, Ireland, Argentina, etc.). Therefore, your work will have a real meaning and a direct impact on our IT and business operations.
Do security, threat vectors, networking, or patching ring a bell? Then be sure to read on!
Responsibilities and challenges of the position:
70% of it would be
- working with the Trend Micro platform – security-wise managing servers, virtual desktops, and user endpoints
- using the EDR to investigate possible threat vectors and reacting to those
- processing server and endpoint patching
- remote desktop management – maintaining SW, automatic installations, SW catalog
- participating in organizing company security awareness training
Other 30% of the time you would be participating in following
- simple management of Cisco devices (such as OS updates, interface configuration, etc.)
- help with device refresh or office integration projects
- proactive improvement of our services, processes, and cost optimization
- keep up with new technologies and find ways how we could implement them according to our current processes and various internal constraints
What you should have:
- technical education, preferably in Computer Science or electronics
- basic networking knowledge (CCNA level), any related certification is a plus
- understanding of standard Cisco (or similar) CLI environment
- at least 3 years of experience in IT (EUS or networking)
- basic knowledge of corporate MS OS management (MacOS knowledge is a plus)
- basic knowledge of and interest in the cybersecurity environment
- willingness to learn new things
- the ability of knowledge-sharing with colleagues in the team is crucial.
- At least pre-intermediate English (B1).
What’s in it for you
- Competitive salary with quarterly bonuses
- A comprehensive benefits package (5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan).
- Flexible working hours (core time 10 am – 3 pm) and Home Office (upon agreement with manager).
- External training and a lot of internal training that offers opportunities to support your growth (e.g. Scrum, English language lessons).
- The opportunity to work on projects for some of the most innovative brands in the world, often before products are released to the general public
- Agile teams – you can work on a variety of projects and problems that interest you ( https://agile.moravia.com/ )
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally, therefore an English-speaking environment.
- New offices in the city center with relax zones and a big terrace with a grill. Parking place and bicycle room.
We will be glad to welcome you to our modern new offices in Brno, Vlněna campus.
Does the position sound interesting? Do you want to know more about it and RWS Moravia? Send us your CV together with a short cover letter, so we can better understand your vision of future employment.