IT Service Desk Apprentice
RWS | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
RWS is seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for providing excellent customer service to join our busy and well‑established Service Desk based at our Head Office in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire.
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager and apprenticeship mentor, you will take on the role as a Service Desk Analyst Apprentice. You will provide the initial point of contact for IT support on the Service Desk and manage helpdesk tickets through to completion.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an award-winning, global company to develop a career within IT in a varied service desk role.
The apprenticeship will enable the successful applicant to achieve a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician qualification whilst working on a full-time basis supporting the Service Desk team.
The main duties will be:
- Providing support to end-users within the company, both in-house users and remote workers as well as international staff
- Maintaining and setting up computers for staff, including fresh installations of Windows and deploying hardware at workstations
- Using Active Directory to create or modify user and PC objects
- Troubleshooting and resolving hardware issues for PCs, laptops, printers and desk and mobile phones
- Troubleshooting and resolving software issues, ranging from off-the-shelf applications to bespoke programs developed in-house (for which training will be provided)
- Patching PCs and phones and troubleshooting any network issues
- Installing new hardware or software packages when upgrades are due
- Liaising with development and infrastructure teams when escalation is required
- Ensuring support calls are successfully resolved and closed, that end-users are satisfied and that the correct feedback is provided
- Developing and demonstrating an understanding of end-user and business needs
- Maintaining an inventory of spare hardware and software that is ready for use
The ideal candidate will have:
- Keen interest in IT
- Drive to learn new skills and gain new qualifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and desktop packages
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivation and discipline – willingness to go the extra mile to achieve set goals
- Flexible, personable approach
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 5 GCSE’s including English and Maths C grade and above
The company will provide opportunities for further IT training where necessary.
The starting salary will be £15,000 per annum.
The hours of work are from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, with one hour for lunch, Monday to Friday.
Benefits include 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 4% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, annual season ticket loan scheme, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station.
To apply, please click here