Language Engineering Coordinator – IP Services
IP Services | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
As a member of the RWS IP Services Language Engineering team, you will be part of a busy, efficiency-focused team overseeing the use of language technology in the translation process. The team deploys a variety of optimally-adapted processes designed to fit seamlessly into workflows, serving the diverse needs of a global blue-chip client base.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Support and advice to translation coordinators and project managers on all aspects of language engineering
• Support and advice to translators and production staff
• Assessment of language technology suitability for received orders
• Assessment of language technology suitability for prospective clients
• Identifying similarity between received orders, and advising on best practice for processing
• Preparation and provision of invoicing data
• Comparing received orders against translation memories and archive databases
• File preparation and project creation for in-house and freelance translators.
• Using technology to ensure quality standards are met
• Technical troubleshooting
– Positive approach to new technologies
– Highly motivated, with problem solving and organisational skills
– Enthusiastic with the ability to learn quickly
– Good IT skills
– Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
– Able to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision
– Excellent written and spoken communication skills
– Willing to take responsibility and use initiative
– Able to share experience with others
– Excellent attention to detail
– Able to multi-task and effectively prioritize workload
– Able to deal courteously and efficiently with a wide range of people
– Experience of CAT tools (particularly SDL Trados Studio)
– Knowledge of regular expressions and Office macros
– Knowledge of a foreign language
The salary is £23,000 per annum. Benefits include 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 3% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, annual season ticket loan scheme, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership, a Cycle2Work scheme and free shuttle bus from Gerrards Cross train station.
Please apply with CV and covering letter to the HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.