Language Lead – French (home office possible)
RWS Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Position ID: 2747
RWS Moravia is a leader in providing specialized translation and localization services to top IT clients in the world and helping billions of people worldwide to use their software effortlessly in their own language.
We are now starting a new exciting project for one of the biggest companies worldwide and we would like you to be a part of our new team dedicated to this new client.
You would become a lead linguist for French (internally, we call this position Language Lead). You will be acting as a single point of contact for our translators and proofreaders who deliver content in French, providing them with guidance on project terminology, guidelines and supervising their language quality.
We will give you a chance to put your linguistics education and translations experience into use on a large scale, further deepening your skills and knowledge in localization industry.
What you would do:
- Supervise the language quality of translations delivered by our external partners and translators
- Manage our translators and proofreaders (including their training, development, evaluations)
- Act as the single point of contact for terminology support, project reference and guidelines
- Create and maintain client-specific style guides and other language-related instructions
- Maintain terminology bases and glossaries, including terminology updates and clean-ups
- Contribute to improvements of localization processes
- Assist in the exceptional translation of projects of extraordinary importance (test translation, complex projects/demanding translations etc.)
What you should have:
- Native knowledge and perfect command of French is a must
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written
- Education in the field linguistics, languages and / or translations (university degree is preferred)
- Several years of experience in translations, proofreading and / or from localization industry
- Hands-on experience with delivering translations yourself
- Any experience from a localization-related role and with delivering linguistic quality assurance (LQA) is a big plus
What we have for you:
Chance to be at a beginning of a large project for a well-known client
Opportunity to work in a leading localization company and surround yourself with senior colleagues with vast localization experience
Your work will have a direct impact on the client’s business and the results of your work will be visible online to (hundreds) thousands of people globally
Multicultural and exciting work environment. You will be part of a global team, working with people from different cultures, discovering new cultural nuances every day
A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible
Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
Possibility to fully work from home (with occasional visits to our office in Brno)
Are you interested? Apply today – send us your CV in English and a brief cover letter so we better understand why you would like to join us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
RWS Moravia Talent Acquisition Team