Life Sciences | Bloxham | England | Full-Time
- Under the general supervision of the Director of Linguistic Validation Operations, to provide research and review of COA (Clinical Outcomes Assessments) documents and other related forms as needed per customer/client requests. Provide thorough investigation and detailed summary reporting of instrument profiles. Provide timely response to customer/client quotation requests based upon information gathered during research process. Process all requests for licensing and permissions for COA instruments.
- Research prior translation projects information required in the completion of instrument summary reports.
- Complete searches for instrument records, licensing information, and related reference details utilizing various methodologies including but not limited to web, email, document files, and personal interviews.
- Must be innovative in approach to locate instrument information, and is responsible for making a determination on what does and what does not pertain to client needs.
- Communicate with company customers/clients to obtain specifications and other information to provide accurate and timely quotes, to ensure their needs are met and issues are resolved, to describe company researching and archiving services, and to maintain and expand customer base.
- Generate licensing quotation modules for inclusion in LV department quotations.
- Provide follow through consultation with clients on changes to projects, priorities, etc.
- Compose or generate a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of client requests and associated projects.
- Analyze quoted project prices to actual prices for the purpose of monitoring the accuracy of quotes and recommending changes/adjustments to future cost estimates.
- Engage in ongoing training and professional development.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Department to ensure proper processing of invoices and payments for projects, as required.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to find, analyze, interpret, summarize, and compile data from various research sources.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and demonstrate appropriate initiative when making decisions and problem-solving. Demonstrate flexibility and an open minded approach to task completion.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous tasks to ensure timely and accurate completion. Requires effective use of organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to present information effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate clearly with clients and resolve customer issues or complaints.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, with attention to detail, and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand, apply, and use personal computers and various software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, ACT, Acrobat, etc.), and navigate the internet.
- Ability to effectively work independently, as well as part of a team and with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, English, Foreign Language, Business, or other related field, and two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful research and customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with medical terminology and/or within research/clinical settings desirable.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.