Linguistic Service Manager – Senior
RWS Moravia | China | Full-Time
Provide linguistic services to RWS Moravia project teams, RWS Moravia localization partners and RWS Moravia Customers. Define and implement the corporate-wide concept of linguistic quality management. Define and implement special linguistic services and processes (terminology management and maintenance, creation of style guides and definition of tone of voice, creation of specialized market researches regarding end-users´ satisfaction with the language aspect of the final products, management of the specialized linguistic researches and processes defined by RWS Moravia Customers.
What you would do:
- Manage a virtual group of RWS Moravia freelance QA providers and language experts (identification, qualification, contracting, rate negotiations, training, support, evaluation).
- Create/implement corporate linguistic quality management in the appointed field (create linguistic quality management concept and methodology, implement linguistic quality assurance process, analyses quality results and trends, define and implement corrective and preventive actions).
- Provide expert linguistic support to Moravia project teams (translation tools, glossary creation, terminology management, query support, style guide preparation, create linguistic instructions and documents, deliver trainings for project team members)
- Provide linguistic support to RWS Moravia localization partners (create instructions on terminology, style; monitor query management process and answer queries, if applicable, train on and implement QA management processes, create and deliver trainings and implement certification programs, provide evaluation and feedback to translators, analyses issues and errors and suggestion improvement steps, perform risk analysis and suggest solutions).
- Provide expert linguistic support and services for Moravia customers (act as a single point of contact in all communication related to language quality, terminology management and customer´s tone of voice definitions, help design customer-tailored linguistic concepts and strategies, perform customer feedback analysis, suggest improvement solutions).
- Perform research on localization/lang-related QA concepts, methodologies, tools, automation; design and implement corporate-wide solutions.
- Design and implement expert and specialized linguistic solutions for RWS Moravia Customers, as e.g. survey among customer´s end-users with regards to their satisfaction with the language quality of the product, manage a community of SMEs and/or native speakers who represent the customer in the given country under there umbrella of RWS Moravia.
- Define profiles of linguists/linguistic experts needed for various domains and content types (to be used by BPG for the right sourcing), create test quizzes and test translations to test the new candidates, evaluate the quality of new candidates and make recommendations with regards their future collaboration with RWS Moravia
What you should have:
- Translation/review of expert/technical translations, knowledge of translation/localization environment: Min. experience: more than 10 years
- Experience in IT industry area
- Experience in computer linguistics welcome
- English – perfect command of both written and spoken language
- PC skills: User – Windows, standard office software
- Knowledge of CAT, terminology management and other linguistic tools welcome
- Management skills and business strategic view
- Readiness to work under stress, flexibility, problem resolution skills
- Team player