Linguistic Services Manager – Junior
Moravia | Poland | Full-Time
As the Linguistic Services Manager – Junior, you will be managing day-to-day linguistic quality activities for a key client account, covering all languages and several different services, including translation (both with and without Editing and Proofing), linguistic evaluation of machine translation output, language recognition, semantic parsing, the annotation for Machine Learning, etc.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO:
- Review all new client requests to help define the correct linguistic profile, optimized workflow, and quality strategy
- With the help of your direct manager, manage continuous and proactive development, design and implement quality management methodologies, special linguistic services (quality reporting and monitoring, vendor training, language asset development & maintenance, in the area of program language quality).
- Manage end-to-end Linguistic QA process: Regularly analyze quality results, metrics, and trends, provide quality and performance feedback to translation teams and reviewers,
- Closely manage the arbitration process liaising with the client’s 3rd party review agency, perform Root Cause Analysis, and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Provide linguistic support to Moravia vendors, answer their queries in a timely manner, create training material and guidelines as needed.
- Help manage existing Vernacular Languages Database: perform online research on new minority languages requested by the client in order to find out the number of native speakers, a script used, standard dialect, the current level of endangerment, and other ethnolinguistic details.
WHAT SHOULD YOU HAVE:
- Excellent English (C1 and above) as English is the primary working language for the position
- A degree in Computational linguistics, linguistics, or translation
- 3 years of experience in translation/review of IT content, expert knowledge of localization workflows and social media
- Very good coordinating and communication skills (providing training, communication with customers)
- Knowledge of CAT, terminology management, and other linguistic tools welcome
- Being capable of working in a fast-paced environment, have a flexible attitude to work, and good problem resolution skills
- Self-driven individual with strong time management skills
- Experience in computational linguistics is a big plus
- Understanding of MT, Machine Learning, and AI-related localization activities is a plus
WHAT DO WE HAVE FOR YOU:
- An exciting company – we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly – and always ready to support you as much as possible
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant offices in the center of Brno
- Interesting challenges, training, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package
Does it sound interesting? Please send us your CV in English and we will revert shortly.