Linguistic Validation (LV) Project Coordinator
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the LV Project Coordination Supervisor or Manager, the LV Project Coordinator assists with routine internal project tasks to create error-free, linguistically validated Patient Reported Outcomes instruments. The role performs editing and proofreading of clinical study documents, reconciles discrepancies with internal and external resources, and ensures administrative tasks are completed in timely and thorough manner. The LV Project Coordinator will actively participate in meetings to discuss open and emerging business issues, make recommendations for improvements, and complete special projects as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 standards.
- Reconciles and edits harmonized and back translations in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Reviews and edits eCOA screenshot files being translated from English to numerous foreign languages in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner ensuring all deliverables meet sponsor and eCOA provider specifications.
- Proofreads, edits, and performs quality checks on clinical study documents (e.g. PROs, ClinRos, ObsRos, patient diaries) being translated from English to numerous languages, and documents translated from numerous languages into English.
- Ensures that all assigned project tasks are completed as specified and client deliverables are error-free within established timeframes.
- Ensures all materials needed for shipment are prepared accurately (e.g. reports and certifications).
- Coordinates and communicates with interviewers and recruiters for the purpose of conducting debriefing interviews, analyzing results, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates and communicates with translators, research specialists, in-country/client reviewers, in-house technical production and others as needed.
- Coordinates with colleagues in other departments for the purpose of ensuring efficient workflow.
- Initiates, tracks and receives deliveries between LV staff and external parties as needed.
- Regularly informs internal team members regarding the status of project work and otherwise communicates with project teams as needed to ensure client needs are met and issues are resolved accurately and in a timely manner.
- Contributes accurate and up-to-date data to error logs, tracking spreadsheets and other documents needed to ensure there is a complete overview of the current status of LV projects and that information is readily retrievable.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date spreadsheets and other documents needed to ensure there is a complete overview of the current status of LV projects and that information is readily retrievable.
- Maintains up-to-date job-related project and client records as needed (e.g. spreadsheets, folders, databases).
- Contributes to a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, training, providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of projects, etc.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring the reliability of key operating data and databases.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the LV Department or other company goals and objectives.
- Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, printer, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Full Time Position: Twelve months per year, standard work scheduled, as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as needed.
- Part Time Position: Twelve months per year, minimum or equivalent of two full days per week during normal business hours, as needed to meet the goals of the LV department. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English including English grammar syntax, word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.Ability to problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, CRM/AURORA/other production software, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
- See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of one year.
- Translation industry experience (at least one year) strongly preferred.
- Multi-language reading comprehension and written proficiency preferred.
US FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.