Moravia | Tokyo | Japan | Full-Time
Purpose of job position:
- Leads the technical part of localization projects, performs and coordinates the engineering work, coordinates the deliveries from the suppliers, leads project engineers. Defines tools and technical process.
- Cooperates with the project manager on the technical preparation of the project, its execution and final evaluation.
- Coordinates the project engineers, assigns tasks to engineers and monitors tasks status and the performance of engineers.
- Assures the engineering work is being performed correctly, according to the project instructions, per deadlines and quality requirements.
- Analyses and tracks project tasks and deliverables.
- Coordinates the deliveries from the suppliers and monitors their status.
- Suggests and implements project engineering workflow and tools.
- Participates in the implementation of new tools, their testing and evaluation.
- Directly communicates with project team, support departments, partners and clients under the supervision of project manager or Localization Lead/Senior Localization Lead.
- Cooperates with the project manager on engineering resources planning, status reporting and solving project issues.
- Ensures final quality checks are performed before delivery to the client.
- Identifies risks and inefficiencies in engineering processes and suggests solutions.
- Prepares training materials and sessions.
- Participates in the hiring process.
- Represents the company at conferences and other events.
- Native Japanese speaker
- University school degree, specialization in IT, computers, SW development or Web authoring is preferred
- Previous working experience with corresponding responsibilities is required
- At least 2 years experience in IT
- Client facing communication experience
- Team/supplier coordination experience
- Coordinating/leading a small team of 2-3 people
- English: Upper Intermediate
- Advanced knowledge of major operating environments
- Advanced knowledge of file formats and file management
- Advanced computer applications user (Microsoft 365, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of localization tools and processes
- Basic programming skills (scripts) is advantage
- Experience of Mac PC is advantage
To apply for this position online, please provide your contact information and then attach your CV/résumé and cover/motivational letter. Feel free to apply for as many opportunities for which you are qualified. If you do not find an appropriate job currently open, but feel you could contribute to Moravia in another capacity, you are welcome to apply as well. In that case, please specify the respective functional area of your interest.