LV Project Placement Coordinator
Life Sciences | Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the LV Project Planning Manager, ensures that client project requests are placed with, processed by, and received back from translators in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner to enable on-time delivery to client.
When assigning projects, considers cost, capabilities, and delivery between vendors while maintaining quality and on-time delivery needs. Also incorporates new vendors into active and ongoing translation work, and logs feedback. Anticipates project issues and provides solutions utilizing discretion/judgment as appropriate. Directly resolves vendor concerns of varying complexity. Routinely and effectively manages multiple client projects simultaneously and independently. Provides guidance as needed to junior members of department and completes special projects. Serves as back-up to department member(s) during absences.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and EN 15038 standards.
- Places standard and rush client projects, including complex multilingual projects, with appropriate qualified translators (i.e., assign) based upon availability, language, expertise, deadlines, and other relevant considerations to ensure work is completed and returned in a timely manner to permit due dates to be met.
- Replaces translators mid-project as needed with minimal effect on budget and project deadlines.
- Fully comprehends project instructions from the LV Project Planner, and relays those instructions appropriately and effectively to translators [what and how project must be completed (e.g., translations, cognitive debriefing, edits, proofreading)].
- Ensures that translators have proper instructions regarding what and how project must be completed (e.g., translations, cognitive debriefing, edits, proofreading).
- Schedules debriefing projects, including projects involving patient recruiting and in-person interviewing, with appropriate qualified recruiters and interviewers. Provides necessary support to recruiters and interviewers throughout production process.
- Provides budgets to recruiters and interviewers according to size, complexity, schedule, and location of projects.
- Coordinates with Project Planners to gather needed information, confirm word and page counts, etc for open projects or quotes
- Keeps database and spreadsheets up to date regarding the progress of translations.
- Maintains up-to-date information in charts, spreadsheets, logs, and company database(s) as needed to ensure ongoing logs needed for future reference and retrieval.
- Maintains an updated task list to clearly relay daily workload to manager and to Traffic Department.
- Coordinates the assigning and completion of multiple client projects among pool of translators and debriefers for specific language.
- Creates purchase orders for use by translators and debriefers.
- Transfers project files within company electronic filing system to move them and facilitate processing.
- Coordinates with translators to resolve any translation issues.
- Incorporates translators new to RWS into active and ongoing translation work of sufficient variety and complexity, and monitors the work of translators for the purpose of ensuring that all translators achieve and maintain a high level of proficiency and accuracy.
- Understands translator feedback system. Coordinates with Finance when needed to handle translator billing issues.
- Recruits linguists as necessary to meet current and anticipated project specifications.
- Serves as back-up to department member(s) during absences.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the LV Project Planning Department or other company goals and objectives
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, telephone/headset.
Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all company LV project management, desktop publishing, and project planning procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively, demonstrating a clear understanding of project requirements and linguistic validation procedures.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access; Adobe Acrobat; Office 365/Skype for Business).
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Customer service skills, including ability to communicate clearly with translators and resolve translator issues or complaints in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, with attention to detail, and to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively train other department colleagues.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
- Successful production planning in a fast-paced environment, generally a minimum of one year.
- Familiarity with foreign language preferred.
- Translation experience preferred.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.