LV Senior Project Manager – Chicago
Life Sciences | Chicago | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the LV Project Management Supervisor or Department Manager, to create error-free linguistically validated Patient Reported Outcomes instruments through a reiterative process of harmonization, back translations, expert review, in-country review and cognitive debriefing. Serves as lead project manager and client contact and regularly coordinates completion of most complex projects. Provides training and support to others. Completes specials projects and may coordinate the review, development, and implementation of processes and/or materials.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100
- Reconciles and edits harmonized and back translations of a wide range of complexity, as well as numerous languages, in a timely, efficient and accurate manner.
- Serves as Lead Project Manager on the company’s most complex projects and which involve multiple Project Managers.
- Coordinates and communicates with interviewers and recruiters for the purpose of conducting debriefing interviews, analyzing results, and making recommendations for improvements.
- Coordinates and communicates with translators, research specialists, in-country/client reviewers, and others as needed.
- Coordinates with colleagues in other departments for the purpose of ensuring efficient workflow.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date spreadsheets and other documents needed to ensure that that there is a complete overview of the current status of LV projects and that information is readily retrievable.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring the reliability of key operating data and databases.
- Maintains project and client records as needed.
- Makes sure that clients are kept regularly informed as to the status of projects and otherwise communicates with clients as needed to ensure client needs are met and issues are resolved.
- Composes or generates a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, training, providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of projects, etc.
- Ensures that projects are delivered to clients error-free and as specified within established timeframes.
- Recommends and implements policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of improving efficiency and providing direction for meeting the company’s objectives. Evaluates effectiveness of improvement initiatives.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Assists in mentoring and training of LV department members.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- May perform traditional project management functions as needed.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of all company LV project management, desktop publishing, and project planning procedures.
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent proofreading skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CAT Tools, Adobe, Office 365/Skype).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
- Successful experience as an LV Project Manager, generally a minimum of three years.
- Previous translation industry experience required.
- Foreign Language knowledge desirable.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
U.K. Status: Per Contract