Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Global Sales, the Marketing Coordinator assists in developing, and coordinates the implementation of the advertising, marketing, and communications programs for RWS Life Sciences regarding its highly technical services to build brand awareness, increase sales, and ensure clear communications. The role concepts, designs and writes advertising campaigns, white papers and other technical content, and ensures compliance with brand guidelines within all communications. The Marketing Coordinator supports all internal communication initiatives, coordinates and organizes all tradeshow and internal events, and serves as point of contact with all marketing and advertising related vendors. The role collaborates with RWS Group marketing to manage content of the Life Sciences divisional page, social media sites, and completes special projects as assigned.
Media and Advertising
• Assists in the development of all strategic and tactical marketing initiatives and plans.
• Creates and implements marketing/media plans that include print, online, tradeshows and social networking opportunities.
• Concepts, designs and writes branded advertising campaigns, white papers and other technical content.
• Conducts and analyzes market research to identify effective promotional methods and negotiate media contracts.
• Investigates, recommends, negotiates and secures contracts related to media opportunities (ex. print, speaking engagements, webinars, events, online, advertorials).
• Circulates all advertisements to appropriate publications and online venues.
• Develops and maintains internal communication systems (intranet, newsletters, emails, corporate announcements).
• Creates, maintains and strengthens RWS Life Science’s brand in all forms of media (online, print, academic).
• Organizes and streamlines service offering materials into customer friendly concepts.
• Manages activities, timelines and outputs of contracted print suppliers and other promotional vendors.
• Provides support to the organization and sales team in the design and development of dynamic and customized PowerPoints and infographics.
• Collaborates with RWS Group marketing to manage the content of the Life Sciences divisional page to ensure it is current, dynamic, and relevant.
• Writes, executes, and deploys email marketing campaigns and web content.
• Reviews and analyzes web analytics and ad words campaigns on an ongoing basis and generates monthly reports regarding site traffic.
• Coordinates and organizes all tradeshow arrangements (booth design, registration, shipping, promotion, travel).
• Assists in the development and execution of corporate events (Holiday events, morale boosters, employee appreciations).
• Manages site visits by preparing conference rooms and facilitating meals.
• Solicits editors of targeted publications for editorial opportunities and negotiates programs.
• Creates and executes publicity campaigns and press releases.
• Writes, concepts, and publishes advertorials.
• Collaborates with RWS Group marketing to manage all social media sites and keep them active and dynamic.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, binder, laminator, telephone/headset, lead reader.
• Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Superior technical writing skills.
• Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied ideas.
• Excellent proofreading skills.
• Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands and maintain composure under pressure.
• Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English.
• Ability to report work orally and in writing as required. Strong presentation skills.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications including advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365/Skype, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to performance of work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
• Ability to problem solve and resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
• Quality focus and detail oriented.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
• Works in standard office building environments.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
• Must be able to pack and assemble tradeshow booth.
• Must be willing to travel a few times per year (< 5% travel) and work overtime when required.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or other related field.
• Demonstrated successful administrative experience, minimum two years.
• Advanced PC skills in Power Point, Excel, Office 365/Skype, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. MAC experience a plus, but not required.
• Demonstrated successful experience representing organizations at trade events.
• Demonstrated experience in content management, design, creative writing, advertising concepting, print, media negotiations, digital media, and thought leadership programs preferred.
• Experience using a CMS for web editing and basic web programming a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Exempt
Non-U.S. Status: Per contract