Music Reviewer (Cupertino, CA)
RWS Moravia | Cupertino | United States |
- Hourly, non-exempt position
- W2 payroll position
- Work Hours: 6-8 hours per day (time frame: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
- 5 days availability preferred
- Onsite Position in Cupertino, CA
Are you passionate about music? If you have a great sense of the current musical trends and cultural awareness of the target country (required), we invite you to join a team devoted to ensure excellent quality in Music Related Content.
We are looking for someone with native fluency in one of the following languages to work with us in a multicultural environment:
Arabic, Russian, Danish, German, Spanish (Spain/Mexico), French (France/Canada), Italian, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil/Portugal), Swedish, Finnish, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Thai, and Turkish.
The Music Enthusiast is passionate about music, someone who listens to music daily and is up to date with what’s going on in the local market, and at the same time likes to blog about music, reads/writes about it, publishes to social media and keeps up on the current Music events.
The Music Specialist is culturally savvy with a good sense of judgment on the appropriateness of content for the target country audience. To have experience in Journalism, copy editing, marketing, editorial o similar would be desirable.
We are looking for someone capable of following instructions, attentive to details and capable of working under pressure and tight deadlines.
The Music Specialist is also flexible and willing to learn about new tools and able to work in a collaborative team in a multicultural environment.
- Provided a style guide, the music Specialist will have to assess whether the text complies with the guidelines provided. He will have to assess whether the writing is good and appropriate for target language’s market, and if the piece is compelling and appealing enough for its purpose.
- The Music Specialist will also need to check that the facts included in the text are accurate, so he will need to conduct research on the topic at hand.
- Eligible to work in the US
- Native speaker fluency of target language
- Cultural awareness of targeted language
- Regular contact with the target language
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Must be able to type in the target language with local keyboard
Skills and experience
- Familiar with iOS products, services and features preferred
- Highly-organized, with attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English (required)
- Culturally savvy with a good sense of judgment on the appropriateness of content for the target country audience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible with tasks, easily adapt to change in project
- Prior experience in journalism, copy editing, marketing, editing
- Translation, editing and proofreading experience