Paid Project Management Intern
Life Sciences | Lausanne | Switzerland | Full-Time
Do you want to sharpen your organizational, technical, and communication skills? Do you want to learn the process of how a leading life sciences translation agency translates instructions for use manuals, marketing brochures, and multimedia projects?
Join us in our Lausanne office on a full time basis, for a six month commitment and work closely with seasoned project management professionals to deliver quality translations for our life science clients. The Intern is responsible for completing the day to day tasks assigned by the Internship Team Lead or RWS Project Management team as well as providing on-going support to the various RWS offices.
Your typical day will include the following responsibilities, but is not limited to:
- Assembling files and necessary reference material to assign to linguists for translation
- Scheduling projects and arranging purchase orders for linguists
- Reviewing translated documents for correct implementation of linguistic and formatting edits
- Collaborating with project management team to ensure client specifications are met and projects are successfully delivered to clients
- Maintaining translation memory databases
- Working in project management software
Skills and Experience
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Two to four-year college degree in progress or equivalent (preferably in linguistics or related field)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Solid computer skills, especially in MS Office
- A team player who can collaborate effectively
- Quality focus and eye for detail
- Good technical and problem solving skills
Internship: 40 hours per week for a 6 month period
*A valid Swiss work permit or Swiss or EU-25/EFTA citizenship is required for this position.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.