Production Assistant – Alnwick
Language Solutions | Alnwick | England | Full-Time
Main purpose of the job
The Production Assistant is responsible for supporting the Production Manager in the administration and troubleshooting of the company’s core software programs.
The Production Assistant is responsible for allocation of work to the ITS team in the absence of the ITS Manager, including maintaining and updating the schedules for the translators and checkers.
The Production Assistant is also responsible for preparing documents for translation from a variety of non-editable and editable source formats.
- Supporting the Production Manager in maintaining the Plunet database by adding Customers & updating Customer details.
- Supporting the Production Manager in administration of the Groupshare server by creating new translation memories and language pairs, granting server access to freelancers and updating Plunet records.
- Allocation of work to the ITS team in the absence of the ITS Manager, including maintaining and updating the schedules for the translators and checkers.
- Preparing files for translation in our CAT tools, including file manipulation where required.
- Troubleshooting common errors in our core software programs and developing Knowledgebase articles with the guidance of the Production Manager.
- Conversion/extraction of non-editable file formats, and subsequent formatting and laying out in accordance with customer requirements, including inputting numbers and preparing tables.
- Back-up Better Health at Work (BHAW) advocate to support the work and initiatives of our primary BHAW advocate.
- Admin duties to support the Production Manager and project management team – such as word counts.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time for the benefit of the business as a whole.
The following behaviours and attributes are considered essential in this role at RWS Language Solutions.
- You are expected to maintain punctuality and discipline at all times
- You are expected to maintain a professional attitude
- You are expected to be respectful, polite and courteous at all times to your colleagues, suppliers, clients, visitors and the wider community
- You are expected to uphold the good reputation and image of RWS Language Solutions in your conduct at all times
- You are expected to comply at all times with the company’s policies and procedures
- You are expected to have a clear understanding of the company’s Mission and Vision
- You are expected to uphold the company’s Values at all times
- You are expected to maintain confidentiality at all times
- You are accountable for your own actions within your team
- You are expected to work well with your colleagues and take a proactive approach to solving problems
- You are expected to respond in a positive and professional manner to constructive feedback on team and individual performance
- You are encouraged to contribute ideas to improve staff and company performance
- You are encouraged to be involved in the agreement of future goals and objectives
This role requires you to work within a team and you are expected to:
- contribute positively to the team
- demonstrate support to the team at all times
- You must be a good verbal and written communicator
- You must be able to prioritise tasks effectively and work efficiently to meet deadlines
- You should strive to deliver the best possible quality in your work and deliver outstanding customer service
- You are expected to develop quality relationships with your customers, suppliers, colleagues and wider community, as appropriate
You should be proficient in:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- The company’s project management system
- Scanning and conversion tools (such as Nuance Power PDF, ABBYY)
- You will be expected to familiarise yourself with updated software that may be deployed by the company
You should be able to:
- understand company sales targets and how they relate to your role
- understand how you can contribute to helping the company achieve its targets
- You should ensure that your own personal knowledge and skills are continually updated and develop your own skills through relevant and supported delegation
Benefits include a competitive starting salary, 22 days’ holiday (rising with length of service), 3% contributory pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance and a cycle to work scheme.
Please apply with CV and covering letter, together with your salary expectations to the Personnel Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.