Production Team Manager
Moravia | Argentina | Full-Time
A PTM is accountable for successful production delivery of project deliverables and other supporting deliverable (e.g. QBR preparation) to assigned client(s). Consequently, a PTM will be responsible to assemble, mentor and manage a production team dedicated to the support of these clients and deliverables. In addition, a PTM will work very closely with a budget owner (PD or DirOps) to plan and execute significant and approved contributions to the financial health of Moravia in the areas of operating margin, revenue growth, measurable client satisfaction, etc.
- Strategize and optimize a production team able to support assigned accounts, with an eye to cost optimization, knowledge needed and career pathing for team members.
- Participates on Unit strategic planning and strategic reviews. Advises Unit Production Director on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions.
- Work with budget owner (PD or Dir Ops) to establish tactical (up to one year) budgeting, resource allocation, capacity and production planning.
- For each direct report on his/her team sets operational / performance goals, which make measurable and significant contributions to team and company long-term goals. Ensures his/her Managers are fully informed of corporate operational, tactical and strategic objectives and works with team to establish consensus and a plan to make contributions to these goals. Ensures that direct reports who manage other direct reports do the same.
- Work with budget owner (PD or Dir Ops) on creation of Unit annual budget by drafting budget for his/her work group. Manages and regularly monitors Key Performance Indicators – revenue, internal costs and external spends, margins and works with budget owner to create and “project manages” improvement initiatives with team members and other support groups (e.g. BPG, PTG, etc.) to achieve the objectives.
- Participates on sales support and creation of client solutions for Unit’s / Moravia’s business development. Participates on business development and account management.
- Is accountable for delivery of projects to ensure that they are in line with client agreements – on time, in the required quality, within budget and with appropriate client treatment and responsiveness.
- Owns and designs work group production management processes / tools / workflows / methodologies and manages continuous process improvement. Ensures quality control for all outputs (internal / external) of the work group.
- Manages regular tactical meetings with his/her managers. Solves production issues escalated by subordinates.
- Ensures group activities comply with corporate requirements for quality management, legal requirements and corporate values.
- Work with budget owner (PD or Dir Ops) to create regular management reports and provides updates to top management, peers and his/her team about progress/forecast of key performance indicators, escalation of issues and support needed from the management.
- Regularly monitors external and internal clients’ satisfaction with group’s results and takes improvement actions.
- Regularly follows industry news and trends. Improves his/her knowledge through active participation on trainings and self-trainings.
- Be responsible for arranging a system of off hours coverage (nights, weekends, holidays) to support client needs.
- General revenue guidelines — a PTM should be handling between $2M and $4M in assigned accounts (understanding that some “strategic accounts” may be much lower). Typically, at least 5 ongoing customer or account assignments and at least two producing $300K+ annually.
- Responsible for ongoing people management and career-pathing of direct reports (e.g. frequent, regular and structured one on ones). Will ensure that DRs with DRs will do same.
- Regularly seeking to increase team capacity (including thru career-pathing) to be able to absorb new customers on a regular, but reasonable basis.
- University degree.
- 5+ years work experience.
- 3+ years experience in Project Management or similar managerial role.
- 2+ year experience in localization industry is a big plus.
- English 7 Pre – Advanced.
- Excellent data analysis excel skills (pivot tables, formulas, macros, deduplication, etc.).
- Experience with and excellent understanding of CAT tools and workflow automation systems.
- Hands on admin experience with or conceptual understanding of database systems is a big plus.
- Understanding of change management principles and strategies.
- Client maturity and empathy.
- Proactivity and Involvement.
- Ability to lead by example and lead “without authority”.
- Leadership and Management.
- Positive, Can-do approach.
- Ability to set priorities.