Life Sciences | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
Under the direct supervision of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager, the Project Manager is a key member of a project team, working closely with the team leader, Technical Services and Quality Assurance. The Project Manager is responsible for successful execution of quotes and projects of varying complexity and scope and managing the work of multiple client accounts to ensure client satisfaction, establish consistent high-quality on-time deliverables as well as identify and grow the account’s potential based on predefined objectives. The Project Manager will approve and update client quotes and the project process as needed as well as address issues escalated from others.
The Project Manager serves as primary client contact for assigned accounts and supports Senior Project Manager as needed. The Project Manager meets with the various teams to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts as well as to make recommendations for improvements. The role may lead implementation of new initiatives and complete special projects as needed.
The Project Manager may have team management responsibilities and direct reports. The position may complete individual performance reviews and identify goals for the team.
What you would do:
- Deliver projects to client expectations and achieve targeted levels of profitability
- Closely monitor and control project financials through budgets, invoicing, and change orders
- Plan projects and implement best practices and processes
- Communicate effectively and in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing, with clients and internal team members
- Act as a people manager towards the colleagues in your teams
- Cooperate closely with your manager
- Host and lead conference calls with clients and team members as well as meeting them in person
- Develop and prepare process documents where required
- Conduct risk assessment and strategic planning of activities to minimize potential project issues
- Identify project/process improvement opportunities
What you should have:
- Three to five years of hands-on experience coordinating projects within the localization or translation industry.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of two years.
- Computing skills, including experience with TRADOS or other translation management tools (CAT, or Computer Aided Translation tools) and publishing applications (e.g., FrameMaker, InDesign, etc.).
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Analytical and structured problem-solving abilities
- High level of English proficiency (C1 level)
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing environment
- Responsible, reliable, and independent personality
What we have for you:
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant offices in the center of Brno
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package
If this position sounds interesting to you, please send us your CV in English. Thank you!