Project Manager – Life Sciences
Life Sciences | Chalfont St Peter | England | Full-Time
The Project Manager (PM) is a key member of a project team, working closely with the Project Team Lead, Multilingual Publishing (MLP) Lead and Quality Assurance (QA) Lead. In this role, the PM is responsible for successful execution of complex bids and projects. The PM simultaneously manages the work of multiple client accounts to ensure client satisfaction, establish consistent high-quality on-time deliverables as well as identify and grow the account’s potential based on predefined objectives.
The PM reports to a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager. The PM meets with the Account Management team regularly to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts as well as to recommendations for improvements and lead on their implementation.
The PM may have team management responsibilities and direct reports. The PM provides individual performance reviews and sets goals for the team.
- Manage client requirements, needs and requests such as asset management, reporting and meetings
- Act as backup client contact when team members are absent
- Lead presentations educating clients about particular projects, project types or about RWS Life Sciences in general
- Manage client assets
- Lead the client Post-Mortem process
- Manage client relationships and provide regular status reports on projects
- Maintain positive client perceptions
- Ensure client satisfaction by proactively seeking and offering solutions
- Respond to client requests in a timely manner
- Identify, communicate, and manage production risks as appropriate to eliminate potential pitfalls or obstacles
- Engage in bid preparation including complex and strategic requests
- Launch and coordinate standard and complex projects which includes functions such as negotiating budgets, scheduling, resource allocation and Work Assignments
- Perform housekeeping duties which include project closures, TM updates and folder structure maintenance
- Produce reports and develop internal Post-Mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk
- Ensure strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and the completion of high-quality deliverables
- Ensure the receipt of all purchase orders, approve invoices and escalate payment issues where necessary
- Lead the creation of custom workflows and project instructions
- Approve Project Plans (including vendor purchase orders) for specified accounts prior to project launch
- Collaborate in the CAPA process with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with the RWS Life Sciences Vendor Relations team to negotiate competitive rates
- Create and send POs to external resources
- Ensure project resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks
- Alert resources of schedule or scope changes
- Provide feedback to Vendor Relations on external resource performance
- Support Global Account team to improve overall budget, efficiency and quality
- Gather information to forecast upcoming work on various accounts and alert the team as necessary
- Assist with account-related meetings and presentations
- Support execution of approved account opportunities and their implementation
- Support team members as necessary to perform and complete daily project tasks
- Make recommendations for process improvements to have a positive impact on profitability and/or quality
- Mentor and train PCs and APMs
- Collaborate with the RWS Life Sciences Human Resources team to hire new team members where necessary
- Set specific and measurable goals for direct reports and ensure their measurement and review
- Conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports and manage required follow-up
- Ensure balanced work distribution across direct reports
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Solid computing skills and administrative experience including CAT tools
- A team player who can collaborate effectively
- Quality focus and eye for detail
- Good technical and problem solving skills
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with varying demands
- Client-focused service experience
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of one year
- Three to five years of hands-on experience coordinating projects within the localization or translation industry
- Proven client account and relationship management experience
- Leadership and supervisory experience
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Exempt
U.K. Status: Per Contract