Project Manager – Alnwick
Language Solutions | Alnwick | England | Full-Time
RWS has a long and successful heritage dating back to 1958. Over the last 60 years, the company has established itself as the world leader in translation and localization, intellectual property support solutions and life sciences language services. Our specialist divisions work together to deliver high-quality, complex services in a reliable and flexible manner to meet the diverse needs of a global client base.
Main purpose of the job
To deliver outstanding service to your customers.
The Project Manager (PM) is a key member of the Project Management Team, working closely with the Translation Team Leader, Senior Project Managers and wider Project Management Team. The PM simultaneously manages the work of multiple client accounts to ensure client satisfaction and establish consistent high-quality on-time deliverables, as well as identify and grow the account’s potential based on predefined objectives.
The PM is responsible for coordinating translation work within your team, ensuring that projects are placed with the appropriate suppliers, that they return translations on time, and that they are checked before being delivered to the client on time and within budget.
Project management responsibilities
- Liaising with new and existing clients on a day to day basis and responding to enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaising with our suppliers to place work ensuring that all client instructions are carried out.
- Preparing projects for translations using Computer Aided Translation (CAT) Tools to ensure consistency with previous translations and client reference material.
- Scoping, planning and managing the progress of all of your projects and maintaining up-to-date records in our Translation Management System (TMS) and in accordance with our Quality Management System QMS.
- Preparing quotations for existing and new clients as required by the Translation Team Leader/Business Development Manager
- Performing completeness checks on projects before delivery to check for any omissions or formatting issues.
- Preparation and processing of any feedback and complaints received on your projects with the Senior Project Managers/Translation Team Leader.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required from time to time for the benefit of the business as a whole.
You are expected to:
- Contribute positively to supporting and sharing the workload between your team’s clients.
- You are expected to demonstrate support to the wider PM team at all times
- Work with the management team to deliver the company’s objectives.
- You must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Working knowledge of an additional language, Dutch or German, would be advantageous.
- You must be able to prioritise tasks effectively and work efficiently to meet multiple deadlines.
- You should strive to deliver the best possible quality in your work and deliver outstanding customer service.
- You are expected to develop quality relationships with your customers, suppliers, colleagues and wider community as appropriate.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Client-focused service experience
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- A team player who can collaborate effectively
- Quality focus and eye for detail
- Good technical and problem solving skills
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with varying demands
You should be proficient in:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
You will be expected to familiarise yourself with updated software that may be deployed by the company.
Experience working with Computer Aided Translation (CAT) Tools would be desirable although full training is provided.
You should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how margins are calculated
- Understand company sales targets and how you can contribute to helping the company achieve its targets
- You should ensure that your own personal knowledge and skills are continually updated and develop your own skills through relevant and supported delegation
- Competitive starting salary, rising on successful completion of probation period
- 22 days holiday (rising with length of service) + UK bank holidays
- 3% contributory pension scheme
- Individual Private Medical Insurance (can be topped up to include family members)
- Life Assurance
- Annual Season Ticket loans
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Standard working hours are between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday-Friday, although occasional work outside of these hours may be required. There are opportunities for paid overtime.
When applying, please attach a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter detailing your salary expectations: email@example.com