Project Quality Coordinator
Life Sciences | Chicago | United States | Full-Time
Under the supervision of a (Senior) Project Manager, the Project Quality Coordinator is a key member of a project team, working closely with the Project Manager, Technical Services, and Quality Assurance. The Project Quality Coordinator supports day-to-day project activities based on predefined production requirements and communicated project scope. Tasks may include but are not limited to client data management, project set up, scheduling, quote preparation, project file organization, and placing tasks with linguists.
The Project Quality Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to coordinate the completion of non-client-facing project activities to assist the Project Manager in the successful execution of client projects. This includes resource allocation and task coordination for a variety of localization projects. The Project Quality Coordinator will actively participate in meetings to discuss open and emerging business issues for assigned accounts and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support team with regards to client requirements, needs and requests such as asset management, reporting, and meetings
- Engage in standard quote preparation
- Launch and coordinate standard projects which includes functions such as scheduling, resource allocation, and work assignments
- Perform administrative duties which include project closures, Translation Memory updates and folder structure maintenance
- Produce reports and develop internal post-mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk
- Keep project schedules on track and ensure on-time delivery
- Ensure projects are completed within budget
- Create and send POs to external resources
- Ensure project resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks
- Alert resources of schedule or scope changes
- Provide feedback to Vendor Management on external resource performance
- Support Business Development, Marketing, Account Management and extended teams as necessary
- Support execution of approved account opportunities and their implementation
- Support project team members as necessary to perform and complete daily project tasks
- Make recommendations for process improvements to have a positive impact on profitability and/or quality
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule or part-time work schedule may include full days or part-time days with a minimum of 20 hours per week as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, CRM/AURORA/other production software, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype).
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented.
Physical and mental demands, Work hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, and Foreign Language, Social or Applied Science or other related field.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of one year.
- Translation industry experience (at least one year) strongly preferred.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.