Python Developer – Contractor
Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
By providing industry-leading technologies and the most advanced translation methodologies, we always keep our clients ahead of the curve. These tools enable us to deliver our clients their products translated and adjusted to specific markets and countries, so billions of people can use them in their native language. By our clients, we mean the world’s leading companies from Silicon Valley (today’s biggest IT giants).
Right now we are looking for a Python developer (contractor) who will become a part of a small team who takes care of integration between our homegrown major project management systems and our biggest partnering (3rd party) translation management system. The team is based in our new, modern offices in Vlněna Office Park in Brno.
What can you expect?
- You will be working on a single back-end project focused on integrating project and translation management systems.
- Development of new product supporting continuous translation using modern development principles.
- You might be also working on small front-end pieces. Mostly UI for administration.
- Code reviews and knowledge-sharing, learning from senior developers.
- You will be working on an important, high-performing solution – we are constantly improving the solution by adding new or improving existing features with high performance in mind. We also expect some maintenance work (refactoring code, fixing bugs).
What is the challenge?
- This project requires the ability to work in a dynamic environment and cooperate with other team members who partially work from home and also other team members or colleagues from a wider team.
Who/ What would be supporting you?
- The team of 1 Senior Python developer & 1 Product Owner.
- Team’s work is organised using the Kanban methodology.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Previous experience with Python development – you are familiar with OOP principles and able to write clean, reusable and maintainable code.
- Knowledge of Python 3; Flask; Gunicorn+nginx; Dramatiq; Postgresql (with SQLAlchemy as ORM); Git; RabbitMQ (or another messaging system).
- Knowledge of basic Linux administration (bash scripts, systemd, logging).
- Any experience with CI/CD, asynchronous architecture, TeamCity, Docker and Kubernetes is welcome.
- At least intermediate English (B1/B2).
- Interest and ability to learn.
What we have for you:
- Fair compensation, home office/remote work and flexible working hours.
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills.
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible.
- Chance to put your ideas into practice.