Quality Assurance Analyst
Life Sciences | Boston | United States | Full-Time
Under the direction of a Senior Project Manager, Program Manager or Director, the Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst) is a key member of the project team working directly with Vendor Relations, Technical Services, and Project Managers and Coordinators to ensure the quality of translated and published deliverables.
The QA Analyst provides guidance and support to the QA Assurance Specialist and is the owner of key resource materials (Glossary, Style Guide, Instructions, and automated QA settings) and enabling assets. The position is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate quality approach and resources are applied to projects, identifying potential risks affecting the quality of translated deliverables, and implementing measures to mitigate the risks.
The QA Analyst coordinates internal and external proofreading and performs final format proofing of translated documentation to meet client requirements for accuracy, formatting, and delivery timeline, and analyzes and evaluates various factors in order to ensure adherence to project budgets in the area of Quality Assurance. May provide support to Program Manager or project team including limited direct client contact for issues or response related quality, status or delivery.
The Quality Assurance Analyst may have supervisory responsibilities and direct reports. The position may complete individual performance reviews and identify goals
- Analyze, review and approve quotes and project plans (as required by identified process), comparing and evaluating applicable options and providing proactive input regarding the appropriate approach to achieving required quality for the specific client/project.
- Analyze and evaluate various factors in order to ensure ISO requirements are being met.
- Identify, evaluate, assess and communicate risks as appropriate to eliminate potential pitfalls or obstacles.
- Analyze and evaluate various factors in order to ensure strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and the completion of high-quality deliverables for the QA steps in the process.
- Formulate, interpret and implement operating procedures to achieve these objectives.
- Formulate, interpret and implement QA process best practices and advocate for quality in production processes.
- Evaluate project materials and ensures the appropriate level of consistency/accuracy of formatting, stylistic consistency across languages, and adherence to client specifications and style guides.
- Review, update and maintain appropriate versioning of project materials.
- Perform final format proofing of translated documentation prior to delivery.
- Participate in strategic project and account kick-offs.
- Participate in internal post mortems to help improve processes and reduce risk.
- Ensure the receipt of purchase orders, analyze invoices for approval and escalate payment issues where necessary.
- Collaborate in the CAPA process with cross-functional teams.
- Manage, evaluate, implement and investigate client feedback to complete resolution reports needed for client deliverables. Accountable for implementation of feedback report tracking, investigations, analyses, and actions.
- May provide support to Program Manager or project team including limited direct client contact for issues or response related to quality, status or delivery.
- Work closely with Vendor Relations on proofreading resource needs and planning.
- Provide training, guidance, and real time feedback to resources to ensure a well-developed and well-qualified pool of resources.
- Coordinates internal and external proofreading to support quality assurance activities.
- Create and send POs to external proofreading resources.
- Ensure project proofreading resources have the necessary tools and information to accomplish tasks.
- Alert proofreading resources of schedule and scope changes.
- Research queries raised by vendors and Technical Services teams during the course of the project.
- Provide feedback to Vendor Relations on resource performance.
- Coach and mentor junior personnel. Provide support as needed to perform and complete daily projects.
- Assist in the hire and development of new team members.
- Analyze and set specific and measurable goals for direct reports and ensure their measurement and review.
- Conduct regular performance reviews with direct reports and manage required follow-up.
- Participate in allocation of workloads across team members for maximum capacity utilization.
- Make recommendations for process improvements that improve efficiency, quality and profitability.
- Provide direct constructive feedback in real time to QA staff, Project Managers, Technical Services, and internal and external resources.
- Works closely with all Production leads to ensure all challenges and risks are addressed and best practices are recommended.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide leadership for employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures, clients requirements, and other production processing issues.
- Ability to make decisions and lead employees through problems on job-related issues.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent communication skills of written and verbal English
- Ability to report work orally and in writing as required.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT Tools, Office 365/Skype, CRM/AURORA/other production software). Familiarity with publishing applications (e.g. Frame Maker, In Design, etc.)
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financials as well as other information.
- Ability to resolve customer service and production issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Quality focus and detail oriented.
- Ability to determine root cause analysis.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimal supervision.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field.
- More than three years of Quality Assurance experience within the localization or translation industry.
- Demonstrated experience with automated QA tools, minimum of three years.
- Demonstrated successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of two years.
- Demonstrated experience with desktop publishing applications, online help systems, translation memory (TM), and localization tools (CAT).
- Demonstrated successful leadership or mentoring experience.
- Verbal and written fluency in at least one foreign language a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Exempt