Nottingham | England | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Global Process and Quality, the Quality Manager developments, implements, and continually improves quality systems, programs, and processes. This position assists the VP of Quality in the implementation of the policies and objectives for quality and the underlying organizational processes, ensuring compliance to various standards, improvement of processes, development and monitoring of appropriate key performance indicators. Additionally, the Quality Manager participates in internal and external audits, and assists in review, resolution and closure of corrective actions and client feedback.
- Define gaps in internal systems and coordinates documented improvement projects to address them.
- Administer global ISO Quality Management System documents, maintenance, revisions and version control.
- Work with department managers and personnel to ensure all Quality Management documents are up-to-date and reviewed periodically.
- Complete incoming quality questionnaires for various customer compliance departments.
- Monitor client feedback and customer satisfaction survey results to identify areas for continual improvement.
- Administer the Corrective and Preventive Action system, providing input and oversight to investigation and root cause analysis, identification of CAPA Plans, confirmation of CAPA implementation through review of objective evidence.
- Monitor and assist in facilitating open Corrective Action Plans for timely completion.
- Schedule Management Reviews and assist in the preparation of Management Meeting Minutes while contributing to the reporting of customer and internal KPIs.
- Participate and assist in the review, root cause and resolution of customer feedback.
- Manage and facilitate audits conducted by both internal and external parties.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry trends in life sciences translation, regulatory changes that may impact delivery of translation services as well as the competitive landscape within the localization for life sciences space.
- Actively participates in management and other meetings. Develops reporting procedures for timely and accurate reporting requirements.
- Recommends and writes policies, procedures and/or actions for the purpose of improving efficiency and product quality and providing direction for meeting the company’s quality objectives.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Quality Management System, or other company goals and objectives.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone, and headset.
- Twelve months per year, standard manager schedule as needed to successfully meet management goals and objectives, manage department, and meet employee and client needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- In-depth understanding of company-wide project planning, project management, and technical services procedures. Knowledge of all other Company processes.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to make formal presentations to clients and industry colleagues on all service-related topics.
- Ability to communicate with, train and lead employees through changes in procedures.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Skype,).
- Ability to analyze and problem solve job-related issues.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals across different levels of the company.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to collaborate with employees and provide clear direction, goals and objectives in a respectful manner.
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage and excellent writing skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Business, English, Foreign Language, Linguistics, Social or Applied Science, or other related field.
- Translation, Localization Project Management, Localization Operations Management, or Localization Quality systems experience minimum three years.
- Demonstrated successful quality systems or related administration experience minimum three years.
- Preferred locations: Nottingham, Europe, Boston, MA, or Hartford, CT
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.