RFP Contract Administrator
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Global Sales, the RFP Administrator works closely with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Solutions teams to actively manage the RWS Life Science’s Request For Proposal (RFP) process in an effort to increase sales, promote service offerings, and further business development. The role collaborates with other departments, corresponds with clients as needed and completes special projects as assigned.
Ensures the timely completion of all incoming RFPs including:
- Review and distribution of requirements;
- Discuss requirements with key stakeholders and support a determination to move forward with response;
- Establish timeline for distributing questions, gathering responses, compiling data, updating documentation, review by key stakeholders, and finalization;
- Write responses, compile attachments, coordinate sample translations, finalize documentation and submittal including uploading to supplier portal.
- Work on cross-divisional RFPs as needed.
• Corresponds with clients as needed for clarification of requirements, project updates and status changes related to the RFP.
• Manages the contract review and approval process including annotating contracts with executive’s changes, version controlling the Master Service Agreements and routing for signature.
• Analyzes, evaluates and updates the RFP response repository.
• Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts and Global Solutions staff, analyzes, evaluates and assists in the creation of original thought leadership content for agreed upon topics.
• Assists with competitive analysis to identify new service trends or possible service offerings, while staying abreast of, and communicating, relevant activity within the industry.
• Assists with product management and solution design activities as needed.
• May participate in RFP bid defense strategy sessions and customer presentations.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
• Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to provide clear direction in a respectful manner while meeting goals and objectives.
• Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
• Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
• Ability to analyze key performance indicators and other metrics.
• Ability to effectively complete root cause analysis.
• Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, Sales Force, CRM/Aurora/other production software).
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financial information as well as other sensitive information.
• A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
• Possess teamwork and consensus-building skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
• Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
• Familiarity with and understanding of inter-departmental functions in order to most effectively manage projects and supervise staff.
• Ability to develop systems and processes from the ground up, communicate those systems outwardly, and win support from colleagues and supervisors as needed
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimum supervision.
• Quality focus and attentive to detail.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office building environments. See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
• Four-year college/university degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field.
• Two years demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects within the localization or translation industry including at least two years in Life Sciences.
• Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of four years, including at least three years’ experience within the translation industry.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing technical documents and proposals for complex and multi-faceted projects.
• Content, document and web publishing experience a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
US FLSA Status: Exempt
Non-US Status: Per Contract