Senior Service Desk Specialist
Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly person with experience as a service desk specialist (or in a similar role). Also, you will be a great match if you are always ready to help your colleagues with all sorts of problems — from a forgotten password or installing new software, to troubleshooting virtual machines, building infrastructure and designing solutions.
You would be part of the international IT team which is supporting our remote teams in the global Life Sciences department. Therefore, you would be communicating with everyone remotely, with an opportunity for responsibility, growth, and collaboration within the RWS Life Sciences organization. And by supporting remote teams, we mean European teams – specifically in Brno, Czechia (around 30 people), in Lausanne, Switzerland (around 30/40 people) and UK (3 offices, around 50 users).
- Office 365, SharePoint Enterprise apps, and Azure apps and infrastructure;
- Hybrid cloud set up (cloud apps, backups, etc.) and hypervisors;
- Microsoft and Adobe technologies;
- Production platforms such as our proprietary AURORA web-based application and Microsoft Dynamics 365;
- Spiceworks which is used for ticketing and as knowledge-base;
- SD-WAN (software-defined network) – networking software that enables all the Life Sciences offices to communicate with each other without requiring VPNs;
- TRADOS, MemoQ, Memsource, and other translation and localization tools.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Technical education, preferably in Computer Science.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS (Windows 10), Microsoft Office 2013/2016 suite, Office 365 CLOUD.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft domain environment based on Active Directory, Ethernet, TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, and DNS.
- Experience with remote support, preferable through TeamViewer.
- The ability to review and prioritize a varied backlog of tickets is essential, as you would be the primary support person for Europe until noon (1 PM CET).
- You should be kind of IT Generalist – to know little from everything.
- Upper-intermediate verbal and written communication skills in English are must-have as you will communicate in it most of the time.
- Knowledge of Czech/Slovak language is an advantage.
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU:
- Interesting challenges, internal training, and other opportunities to support your growth (e.g. English language lessons).
- Even though you would be supporting remote teams, you would work during our Brno’s working hours, i.e. core hours from 10 AM to 3 PM. Otherwise, there are flexible hours.
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible.
- You would get experience with translation processes and regulations (security requirements) in the field of Life Science translations.
- International, English-speaking environment where you will engage with hundreds of employees, as well as US-based IT and Software Development teams.
- New offices in the city center with relax zones, Vlněná Campus, with no dress code.
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package (5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan – Multisport card, pension insurance, Benefit Plus).