Life Sciences | Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the IT Manager, the SharePoint Developer is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and extending our existing SharePoint applications. The SharePoint Developer provides timely troubleshooting and resolution of issues as they arise on the production platform and actively participates in detailed analysis meetings to design enhancements or solve existing SharePoint issues. Participates in the design of technical approaches to deliver future capabilities and assist in providing technical support to end users as needed while exercising critical thinking, common sense analysis and clear team communication.
- Create and maintain site and list definitions.
- Create and maintain master pages and layouts, web parts, lists, content types.
- Create and maintain workflows.
- Provide advice, support and training on any items relating to permissions, site ownership, document management, forms and workflows.
- Collaborate with end users and stakeholders to define functionality from User Requirements and produce Functional Specifications
- Designs, coding, testing and implements SharePoint based solutions
- Clearly document problems, analyses and solutions. Communicate the status of issues to users and management.
- Provide end user support primarily as related to SharePoint.
- Work with end users and development team to define, develop and test solutions to resolve issues and requests.
- Assist in the design of technical approaches to deliver future capabilities.
- Ensures that SharePoint content and updates are captured and included in Disaster Recovery Planning
- Assists Company employees with technical questions in person, electronically and by telephone, providing technical support to end users, including analyzing and troubleshooting computer support problems and applying understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve user issues.
- Provides training to external clients and internal end users with regard to SharePoint systems and supporting Microsoft programs such as Word and Excel.
- Collaborate and assist the technology team as needed based on collaborative SharePoint and internal web related IT projects and standards
Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint Online
- Significant Experience with SharePoint Framework and Microsoft Power Platform.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams.
- General knowledge of PC and MAC hardware and software.
- Ability to analyze, problem-solve, and prioritize a variety of support questions and user needs.
- Excellent logical thought processes are required.
- Demonstrate sound judgment by taking the appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- Investigate and follow through on unusual orders or requests for service or information.
- Organization, administrative and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames.
- Demonstrate ability to respond in a flexible manner and to reprioritize work as situations change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate clearly with individuals at all levels of computer proficiency.
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with others.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work. Utilize teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Demonstrate initiative to learn new skills or expand job roles. Continue to develop leadership/professional qualifications through continuing education, further schooling, technical/professional reading.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
- May be required to move or relocate computer equipment; incumbent must be able to lift 30+ pounds and have excellent manual dexterity.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent four-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
- Four years of SharePoint development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint entity model, security model and web services.
- Successful experience developing add-ins for SharePoint.
- Demonstrated experience in .NET development (ASP.NET, C#, SQL Server)
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.