Software developer (C#/.NET)
Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
By providing industry-leading technologies and the most advanced translation methodologies, we always keep our clients ahead of the curve. We help our clients get their products translated and adjusted to specific markets and countries so billions of people can use them in their native language. By our clients, we mean the world’s leading companies from Silicon Valley (today’s biggest IT giants). We translate a lot of content for them and we couldn’t do it without our translators! That’s why we are working on a new platform that provides our linguists with an easy to use work environment so they can excel in their craft. Now, we are looking for a .NET developer who will join a small Scrum team (1 senior front-end and 2 senior back-end developers with a Product Owner and a Scrum Master) based in our new, modern offices in Vlněna Office Park in Brno.
What can you expect?
- Focus on new feature development instead of legacy code refactoring.
- Work within the Scrum framework (you can read about our Agile journey at http://agile.moravia.com).
- Code reviews and knowledge-sharing.
- Opportunity to contribute to architectural decisions.
- This project requires the ability to work in a dynamic environment and cooperate with other team members who partially work from home.
What will make you successful in this role?
- Previous experience with C# development– you are familiar with OOP principles and able to write clean, reusable and maintainable code.
- Knowledge of Entity Framework; .NET Core; ASP.NET Core services; Github; NUnit/Moq.
- Experience with relational DB like MS SQL and with no-SQL DB, too.
- The advantage is an experience with Docker and RabitMQ.
- Knowledge of TypeScript is a big plus.
- The ability to be self-motivated and to create new solutions that enhance our ability to provide the best value to our customers is highly appreciated.
- At least pre-intermediate English.
What we have for you:
- External training and a lot of internal training which offers opportunities to support your growth (e.g. Scrum, English language lessons).
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally, therefore an English-speaking environment.
- New offices in the city center with relax zones and a big terrace with a grill.
- Flexible working hours (core time 10 am – 3 pm) and Home Office (upon agreement).
- Quarterly bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package (5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan).
If you read that far, don’t shy away now and apply below or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we have a confidential discussion and find out whether this role is made for You!