Software Test Engineer (NY Metropolitan Area)
Moravia | New York | United States |
We are currently seeking for an experienced, curious and well-rounded Software Test Engineer to work on our client’s award-winning digital products. In this role, you will take responsibility for the quality of the products and work closely with Software developers and Product Management to help cultivate a quality mindset. You will quickly implement industry best practice quality methods as well as being the ultimate user advocate to our loyal and growing user base.
- Develop test plans and conduct testing that cover functional, integration, system, performance, stress, internationalization and regression testing scenarios.
- Work within the team’s release cadence to test and release apps.
- Work within the team’s sprint cycles to test and sign off stories.
- Create test reports, analyze data, summarize information, and present results to the relevant cross functional teams.
- Work closely with developers and product managers as well as help developers to identify problems efficiently and provide testing information in order to quickly drive the issues being fixed.
- Prioritize issues based on their impact to client users.
- Work with teams to make testing an integral part of the software development process.
- Coordinate testing efforts across teams including offshore team to ensure delivery of high-quality features.
- Assist in driving adoption of best practices in testing and maintainability.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience testing on mobile devices (Android/iOS)
- Experience working with in SmartTV enviroment.
- Experience working with product teams to create and test scenarios for features.
- Experience in documenting test scenarios in tools like TestRail.
- Experience working with cross-functional scrum teams as well as being an excellent team player.
- Experience in defining a test strategy for an entire product/feature.
- Exceptional test aptitude and expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality reporting.
- Hands on experience in automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices (Android/iOS)
- Hands on experience with video streaming technology and TV platforms (Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, ROKU)
- Hourly, non-exempt position.
- W2 payroll position.
- Temporary 6 months.
- Working hours: 9 am to 5 pm
- Onsite in New York city.