Solutions Architect – East Hartford
Life Sciences | East Hartford, USA | Full-time
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Solution Architect works closely with the Sales, Marketing, Operations and Technology teams and their customers to define, create, and present creative solutions. This position is responsible for mapping RWS Life Sciences’ service offerings to specific customer requirements through the development and implementation of solutions that meet client expectations for technical competency, process innovation, cost savings and quality. By analyzing customer requirements, the Solutions Architect will identify market trends and opportunities to propose and deliver innovative, value-driving new solutions.
The Solution Architect is responsible for pricing management to assist in achieving revenue and profitability targets and serves as a resource to help address strategic pricing, process, technical, and other aspects of customer communication. The position actively participates in client meetings and contributes responses to written proposals. The Solution Architect provides training to others in Sales related topics.
- Analyze, review and maintain a centralized pricing repository,
- Formulate, interpret and implement effective pricing strategies and worksheets, comparing and evaluating applicable options and providing proactive input regarding the appropriate approach to ensure gross margin goals are met.
- Provide strategic support to Sales and Operations departments related to pricing.
- Analyze and evaluate various factors with Vendor Management to ensure that strategic and continual buy-rate monitoring is an integral part of overall pricing strategy.
- Assist in the identification, evaluation and assessment of technology solutions providing cost reduction and client support.
Request for Proposal (RFP) Management
- Working with the Vice President of Global Sales, identifies, evaluates and assesses pricing to be included as part of RFP responses.
- Contributes responses, analyzes and reviews RFP prior to submittal and contributes strategic guidance as appropriate for final RFP response as needed.
- Analyze, evaluate and update RFP response repository.
- Analyze, evaluate and create original RFP content coordinating review and input from appropriate team(s).
- Provide strategic solution expertise support to various teams in client-facing activities such as bid defense presentations, exhibits, and hosted events.
- Analyze, evaluate and develop opportunity-specific solution content, positioning and messaging.
Solution Knowledge Management
- Working with Subject Matter Experts, analyze, evaluate and create original thought leadership content for agreed upon topics.
- Formulate, interpret and implement a Knowledge Repository.
- Identify, evaluate and assess Subject Matter Expert knowledge and related information for inclusion in Knowledge Repository, and review and update Knowledge Repository as appropriate.
- Compile and review market research including the identification, evaluation and assessment of industry trends.
- Formulate, interpret and implement market positioning of new services.
- Analyze, evaluate and create sales and solution training in collaboration with the company’s HR/training department.
- Provide solution training to the Sales team and other employees as needed.
- Provide sales training for onboarding of new Business Development Managers.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective completion and shipment of projects.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copier, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of additional hours as necessary.
- Periodic travel (domestic and international) less than 5% on the road/overnight per year may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide clear direction in a respectful manner while meeting goals and objectives.
- Ability to communicate with, train and guide employees through new requirements and process or systems changes.
- Strong organizational skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate competing work demands, and maintain composure under pressure.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills along with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to analyze key performance indicators and other metrics.
- Ability to effectively complete root cause analysis.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, CAT tools, Office 365/Skype, Sales Force, CRM/Aurora/other production software).
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company financial information as well as other sensitive information.
- A team player who can collaborate effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
- Possess teamwork and consensus-building skills with an ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
- Familiarity with and understanding of inter-departmental functions in order to most effectively manage projects and supervise staff.
- Ability to develop systems and processes from the ground up, communicate those systems outwardly, and win support from colleagues and supervisors as needed
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in relation to work responsibilities, working with minimum supervision.
- Quality focus and attentive to detail.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- Four-year college/university degree in Business, English, Foreign Language, Social or Applied Sciences, or other related field. Masters or MBA a plus.
- More than five years demonstrated experience coordinating complex projects within the localization or translation industry including at least two years in Life Sciences.
- Successful customer service/account management experience, generally a minimum of six years, including at least five years’ experience within the translation industry.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing technical documents and proposals for complex and multi-faceted projects.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial concepts, cost-benefit analyses and pricing strategies.
- Content, document and web publishing experience a plus.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
US FLSA Status: Exempt
Non-US Status: Per Contract