Survey Research Analyst
Life Sciences | East Hartford | United States | Full-Time
Under the general supervision of the LV Services Manager, completes LV related projects from research and reconciliation perspective and completes research projects for presentation/publication.
- Understands and adheres to company Quality Management System (QMS) requirements including but not limited to ISO 9001 and ISO 17100
- Reviews source documents for structure and ease of translation to foreign language/country of study.
- Compares and reconciles concepts between source document and back translation.
- Creates documents for use during LV projects, including concept elaboration guides and paraphrase guides.
- Evaluates subject understanding of items following cognitive debriefing, and makes recommendations regarding the resolution of conceptual issues present in the translation.
- Prepares validation report as summary of LV project including comments specific to particular study.
- Conducts academic research studies to provide further expertise in translation related areas. Authors related abstracts, posters, and manuscripts.
- Coordinates with colleagues in other departments for the purpose of ensuring efficient workflow.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date spreadsheets and other documents needed to ensure that that there is a complete overview of the current status of research projects and that information is readily retrievable.
- Assists in maintaining and ensuring the reliability of key operating data and databases.
- Maintains project and client records as needed.
- Composes or generates a variety of materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, manuals, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, training, providing written reference and/or conveying information regarding the status of projects, etc.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- May perform project management functions as needed.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, scanner, copy machine, fax machine, telephone/headset.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary.
- Less than 5% overnight travel required related to trade show and conference attendance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Survey research background with understanding of requirements related to linguistic validation.
- Knowledge of English grammar, syntax, and word usage, and excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of related company LV procedures
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form, and to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers and software applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Office 365/Skype).
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work; teamwork and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a professional and efficient manner.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
- Works in standard office building environments.
See the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Advanced Degree in Survey Research, Public Health or related field required.
- Successful experience as an LV Project Manager preferred.
- Foreign Language knowledge desirable.
- Previous experience in the translation field desirable.
Please apply via our applicant tracking system.
U.S. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
U.K. Status: Per Contract