Vendor Relations Manager
Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Imagine a world where your smartphone only operates in Korean language, your favorite music streaming app only speaks Swedish and your car warns you that your brakes are not working anymore but only in German!
This is what the world would be without localization. RWS Moravia has been breaking language and cultural barriers for over 30 years so every person on this planet can use the best products that the world has ever created.
Will you help us keep it that way?
We are now looking for an experienced professional in the field of vendor relations management – to join as our new Vendor Relations Manager (recruiter and manager of our vendors – mostly translators and language agencies).
To enjoy this role, you should have solid previous experience with vendor management or recruitment/sourcing background. Your work at RWS Moravia will be to identify, screen and onboard translators and relevant translation and language agencies around the world and to keep contact with them long-term.
You will also get involved in setting of our overall sourcing strategies and related improvement initiatives and we will give you a chance to work closely with our language quality assurance and other colleagues from the production teams.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO
- Act as a business partner to our internal teams which are responsible for the delivery of translations to our clients. These teams need quality translators and agencies (= vendors) to help them to satisfy our clients. You will need to clearly understand the requirements for these vendors - in other words, what kind of translators and language service providers we are looking for.
- Your primary task will be to identify, attract, hire and onboard suitable language vendors both individual translators and larger language agencies.
- You will be responsible for keeping good relationships with your vendors but also for negotiations related to the volumes of work and related margins.
- We will welcome you to analyze our existing workflows and to propose improvements to the way we work.
- Occasionally, you will be helping our vendors to onboard into our systems and processes and keep contact with them.
- We will need you to keep all information on your vendors up-to-date in our systems for the other members of the vendor management team.
- From time to time you will receive precise tasks related to management of quality provided by translators, in cooperation with senior quality managers.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Proven experience in a role related to vendor management / recruitment / sourcing or similar, as well as to quality management.
- Experience with web-search, preferably with sourcing candidates / vendors via various channels and social networks.
- Previous experience from the localization industry is a strong advantage.
- Great communication skills, both spoken and written.
- Ability to establish and to keep long-lasting relationships with business partners, both internal and external.
- Process-oriented and improvement-focused mindset.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Positive personality, ‘can do’ and proactive approach.
- Experience in quality management would be a great asset.
WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU
- Great set-up of our Supply Chain bringing vendor management and language QA closely together
- Opportunity to work with leading localization company and surround yourself with senior colleagues with vast localization experience.
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills.
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible.
- Direct cooperation with a senior vendor manager and sometimes with senior quality managers.
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant.
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth.
- Fair compensation.
Are you interested? Apply today – send us your CV in English and a brief cover letter so we better understand why you would like to join us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
RWS Moravia Talent Acquisition Team