Vendor Relations Manager
Moravia | Argentina | Full-Time
Manage vendor relations and co-create vendor startegy. Provide outsourcing solutions to Operations and keep on top of supplier market trends. Drive Supplier strategy in line with directives set by TL, VRM & SM, VRM.
- Identify, qualify, contract and develop vendor solutions based on Production/VRM/MLS/Sales requirements, and in alignment with Moravia’s business requirements and strategic direction for each allocated account.
- Test and qualify vendors in cooperation with MLS for each allocated account.
- Make sure Operations and each allocated account is provided with the best possible outsourcing solutions considering price, quality, availability and service.
- Stay on top of market trends, look for replacement if current resources increase their rates.
- Negotiate suppliers´ rates on project basis for each allocated account and based on minimum market rates, we need to unify rates across the company.
- Ensure all required information is entered into information systems and make sure they are always up-to date with current partner details.
- Communicate/directly interact with suppliers, answer queries, provide support if needed.
- Communicate important matters & issues to Team lead, share information that impacts other VRMs in the company.
- Act as the first escalation point for internal customers in Moravia and for Business Partners/suppliers.
- Apply the general strategy of the account(s), apply the supplier strategy defined by Senior Managers, in alignment with PDs.
- Build lasting relationships with our key partners in alignment with Moravia’s strategic direction.
- Replace those partners if they do not meet one of these three basic criteria: quality, pricing, willing to collaborate and go the extra mile.
- Track performance of partner solutions and implement corrective actions when appropriate with quality managers.
- Co-operate with Sales, MLS and Ops to clearly understand the existing and future partner requirements.
- Provide guidance and consultancy to PMs and MLS to ensure Operations use most suitable vendor solution in line with the strategy & direction defined by Senior Managers, Vendor Relations.
- Analyze volume data per account(s), language and vendor on a regular basis and draw conclusions in line guidance provided by Team Lead.
- Make sure that suppliers are available on each allocated account. Make sure the right suppliers are available. Finding a supplier does not mean the work ends here.
- Perform monthly business/account review meetings on each allocated account.
- Keep up to date with local market trends relevant to the locales of interest.
- Report to TL/SVRM on a weekly basis and/or whenever scheduled by the TL/SVRM.
- Collaborate on company-wide initiatives related to supplier management.
- Suggest process and workflow improvements to Team Lead.
- Participate in the strategic planning of the Business Partner Group and/or designated account(s).
- Secondary school degree; University degree is preferred.
- Previous experience in an international environment.
- Experience in IT or service purchasing.
- Experience in the Localization/Translation industry is a plus.
- Over 3 years of supply chain development and management experience.
- Team/supplier coordination experience.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English – Advanced level (9).
- Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint – Intermediate-level user.
- Openness to change.
- Proactivity and involvement.
- Communication and collaboration.
- Individual responsibility.
- Focus on solution and effectiveness
- Strong communication skills, ability to make herself/himself understood clearly, willing to listen to others.
- Ability to communicate information to internal team, partners and customers.
- Ability to analyze current situation and make a decision.
- Orderliness, responsibility, flexibility.
- Ability to work independently while delivering on set objectives.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines while working under pressure.
- Negotiations skills.
- Ability to analyze figures and data.