Vendor Relations Manager – junior
RWS Moravia | Brno | Czech Republic | Full-Time
Position ID: 2693
We are looking for a new vendor relations manager – if you have any experience from localization or translations industry this would be an advantage (but it’s not a necessity).
Your primary responsibility will be to manage a network of our vendors (mostly translators and language agencies) and act as a business partner to our production teams. In other words, you will keep contact with our translators and agencies, negotiating rates and volumes of work while working with our internal database to make sure that our production teams have the right vendors to process all their translation work.
To enjoy this role, you should have previous experience with vendor management or supply chain or recruitment / sourcing (agency experience is welcomed).
You will also get involved in setting of our overall sourcing strategies and related improvement initiatives and we will give you a chance to work closely with our language quality assurance and other colleagues from the production teams. All this from the convenience of our Brno office located just next to the main train station at Vlnena Office Park.
What you would do:
- Act as a business partner to our internal teams which are responsible for delivery of translations to our clients. These teams needs quality translators and agencies (= vendors) to help them to satisfy our clients. You will need to clearly understand the requirements for these vendors – in other words, what kind of translators and language service providers we are looking for.
- Your primary task will be to identify such vendors using our already existing database and negotiate cooperation between them and our production teams.
- You will be responsible for keeping good relationships with your vendors but also for negotiations related to the volumes of work and related margins.
- We will welcome you to analyze our existing workflows and to propose improvements to the way we work
- Occasionally, you will be helping our vendors to onboard into our systems and processes and keep contact with them
- We will need you to keep all information on your vendors in up-to-date in our systems for the other members of the vendor management team.
What you should have:
- Previous experience from a role related to vendor management / recruitment / sourcing or similar
- Experience with web-search, preferably with sourcing candidates / vendors via various channels and social networks is an advantage
- Previous experience from the localization industry is a strong advantage
- Great communication skills, both spoken and written
- Ability to establish and to keep long-lasting relationships with business partners, both internal and external
- Process-oriented and improvement-focused mindset
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines while working under pressure
- Positive personality
What we have for you:
- Great set-up of our Supply Chain bringing vendor management and language QA closely together
- Opportunity to work with leading localization company and surround yourself with senior colleague with vast localization experience
- An exciting company—we work with some of the most innovative brands in the world, and our employees are true professionals with unique skills
- A great team of people who are fair, open-minded, and friendly—and always ready to support you as much as possible
- International, English-speaking environment and pleasant, brand-new modern offices in the center of Brno close to the main train station (Vlnena Office Park)
- Chance to put your ideas into practice and engage with hundreds of employees globally
- Interesting challenges, trainings, and other internal opportunities to support your growth
- Fair compensation, bonuses, and a comprehensive benefits package (flexible working hours, 5 weeks of vacation, 2 sick days, occasional work from home, meal vouchers, cafeteria plan)
Are you interested? Apply today – send us your CV in English and a brief cover letter so we better understand why you would like to join us.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
RWS Moravia Talent Acquisition Team